[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions About How To Stay Focused? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Does Anyone Have Any Suggestions About How To Stay Focused?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby sugarrae » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:15 am

I have a hard time with this sometimes because I travel so much. I'm in Canada with the kids right now. I'll get home on Thursday or Friday and then Saturday I leave for the SES conference in NY. I also travel every other weekend for the most part and go to other conferences once every 6 weeks or so. Keeping motivated is sometimes an extremely hard task. I have found a few things that work though...

1. As someone else mentioned, I have a webpage on my hard drive with all my most important links so that I can easily check what I need to from one stop each morning.

2. A running todo list. The list is never empty - I add stuff to it daily and complete stuff on it daily.

3. As someone else said, knowing my productive times. I'm most productive during the day while my son is napping and at night. So, I try to do household stuff and the mom thing when I know I wouldn't be getting much done anyway.

4. Closing out programs I know are distracting. If I have to get something done, then programs that distract me (say IRC) get shut down until the task is done.

5. A mother's helper. My cousins girlfriend acts as a mothers helper to me at times (for example, she is with me in Canada right now). I pay her to come over and play with the kids and clean up a bit - the money I pay her is made up for by the fact that I am able to get much more work done and therefore make a much more in a day than I pay her to be there in a day.

6. Having friends who kick me in the ass. My boyfriend is in the industry - and my best friends are too. If they see me getting distracted or unmotivated, they give me a quick pep talk, or sometimes a "get the hell to work!" that can kick me back into gear again.

7. Keeping a list of what I want as rewards for a job well done. Sometimes referred to as a dream board. When I need to remember why I work (aside from the whole feeding everyone and having somewhere to live LOL), I take a look at it and am quickly reminded.

8. Keeping goals of where I want my business to be in six months, a year and further down the line. These can sometimes help me remain on track so that I can achieve what I want in the timeframe I want.

Just some of the stuff that works for me. Of course, my biggest wish is to find more time to be able to read. I have a mountain of books I'd like to get to that have been sitting here at least six months or more. Worst part? I keep buying more ;).
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Jason Moffatt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:37 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby netadventures » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:55 pm

netadventures

Postby Jason Moffatt » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:30 pm

theuniek1

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:24 pm

theuniek1

Postby Phil Tanny » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:56 pm

Meditation can help us be more productive. We can think of our brains as a motor that runs more efficiently if we turn it off from time to time and let it cool down. Balance all our thinking with some quiet.

Computing and the Net can be like a Pavlovian experiment. Point, click, get. Point, click, get. All day long every day. It's a high stimulation instant gratification loop that can train our mind to be quite scattered and impatient.

I would finish this post, but I decided I really have to go click on something instead... :-)
Phil Tanny

Postby Jason Moffatt » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:57 am

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:53 pm

Hi,

I have found that certain things distract me if I let them. The phone, TV, children can all be a distraction. The key is to separate them so you can stay focused on your goals and work. Too many people have excuses for not succeeding at home and I found that remove those things as an excuse and you cant have that as an excuse anymore......I found my work getting done, more of it, and ultimately more cash in my pocket.

Good luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

No question about it!

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:08 am

ElevatingYourBusiness

How to Stay Focused on Your Home Business Goals

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:11 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sat May 07, 2005 6:54 am

Earlier in the thread I mentioned my FREE bottle of "Focus Factor".

Well I just saw the commercial and you can get a $75 bottle for free as well.
The number is 1-800-898-1310.

They require you to register a credit card, or debit card, and unless you cancel within two weeks they will automatically ship you another bottle at full price. You must make sure to cancel and keep your cancelation number if you opt to not receive any more Focus Factor.

I have no honest opinion as to whether or not I would actually purchase this product at the current retail price, but FREE sure is a good price...oops, you gotta pay like four bucks for shipping, so it's not entirely free.
Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk