[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ahhh...Gmail... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ahhh...Gmail...

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Domain Name Guy » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:21 pm

Domain Name Guy

Postby lucas2005 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:51 am

People were asking about what great features were available in gmail. Here is the best one that I have come across. It is like having a brifcase in yahoo. You can upload any filse that you want to the web and download them anywhere in the world...

Gmail SuperBonus!

GMail Drive

To download your free GD software, please visit:
http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Brief summary on the setup:
- create GMail account and password
- download and unzip the software
- run setup.exe
- go to "My Computer"
- right click on "GMail Drive" icon,
select "login as..."
- configure your gmail account id and password
- bring up your "Windows Explorer"

In less than five minutes, you should be up and running.
lucas2005

Postby Jason Moffatt » Mon May 16, 2005 12:33 am

I don't know what the problem is, but every time i try to send my ebook to anyone with a gmail account it never works and comes back with error.

I have tried this about 15 times, and never once have I had it go through,
Any ideas?
Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby theuniek1 » Mon May 16, 2005 1:13 am

It depends on the file's format. Consider zipping it and sending it.
theuniek1

Postby Ruud » Sat May 28, 2005 2:10 am

I have something like 100-140 invites laying around. If I send one more to a family member or friend they have vowed to kill me :) So... if anyone wants one, just drop me a line (PM is ok) with a name & email and I'll send you an invite.

Watch out: when you accept an invite Gmail will suggest an user name / email address to you based on the first name/last name entered on your invite. You can change that suggestion: you don't have to accept it as is.

Some Gmail user experience tips, you say? Mmm, OK.

One, you can access Gmail via POP3. Translation: you can access and use Gmail with your regular email program (Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.). Why would you want to do that? Well, Gmail's spam filtering is simply outstanding. In my case I have all my domains emails forwarded to Gmail. I download it from there to my email client (Outlook). I see 2-5 spam messages a day this way - while around 200 a day are sitting in Gmail's spam filter....

IF you were to use Gmail like this you have to take notice that Gmail does one-time download only. Normally you can set your email program to leave a message on the server: this way you can retrieve it from two locations. Not with Gmail. Once retrieved the message is archived (not deleted, unless you would select that option within Gmail itself) and that's it.

Gmail is a flat-filing system. Nothing goes in folders. You can attach labels to email. Labels - multiple. So instead of filing this client email in the folder "Client Bob" you can label it 'Client', 'Affiliate', 'To do", etc. All together...

The available space initially is 1 GB but now 2GB - and counting: before you login you can see a counter actually adding bytes (about 7 per second) to your account.... However, space should not be why you consider Gmail. Your hard disk is probably 80GB or more: you can store more email than Gmail will ever do for you. That said, if you were to keep every email for a 5 year period you end up with around 200MB of email....

Gmail is great, in my opinion, because of its web interface - and the fact that I can keep on using my own email program. I work on different computers on different locations: being able to also access my email via this excellent web interface is a joy.
Ruud

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sun May 29, 2005 4:15 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Ruud » Sun May 29, 2005 4:23 pm

Ruud

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sun May 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Ruud » Sun May 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Ruud

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sun May 29, 2005 7:49 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Ruud » Sun May 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Yes, I see. The problem is that Gmail scans zip files. If there is an exe inside it will still reject the attachment.

You could use a password on the zip file and encrypting the content. This way the actual filename is invisible to Gmail.

If your zip utility doesn't support these features you can download one of the many freeware ones, such as .

That should solve your problem.
Ruud

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sun May 29, 2005 8:06 pm

Wow, that is almost like speaking Swahili to me, but I will give it a shot.

Thanks. At the end of it, I might be able to say I learned something new.

I just checked out that site. I am very apprehensive to download almost anything online. Are you 100% sure that this is safe, and will not allow any spyware or other random intrusions into my computer.
Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Ruud » Sun May 29, 2005 8:12 pm

Yup, that site and the program are legit and clean.

If you have any problem, let me know and I'll walk you through it with screenshots. We'll get that book send even if we have to do it one character at a time, :lol:
Ruud

Postby Jason Moffatt » Sun May 29, 2005 11:17 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Ruud » Sun May 29, 2005 11:28 pm

Ruud

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk