[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ahhh...Gmail... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ahhh...Gmail...

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Tue May 31, 2005 4:19 pm

SBSbookkeeping

Postby Jason Moffatt » Tue May 31, 2005 5:33 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Jason Moffatt » Tue May 31, 2005 5:43 pm

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Tue May 31, 2005 6:15 pm

Well, I agree there is no guarantee of safe surfing. But anti-virus programs, firewalls, and common sense do help. Any viruses I've had have been caught before doing any damage. Updating your AV regularly is your best defense.

I do kinda doubt this had anything to do with the 7-zip program, but then again I'm no computer expert. Probably just a coincidence. It reminds me of the time I got this spam e-mail that had a trojan attached that was supposed to be a bunch of pictures. The e-mail made reference to (well, described in explicit detail) a - umm, how should I put it - "tryst" between 2 twin brothers and one of the brother's girlfriends. Funny thing was, one of the brother's names and the girlfriend's name in the e-mail were the same as MY brother-in-law and his girlfriend (at the time). And my husband and his brother ARE TWINS! Totally freaked me out! But I went online and investigated a bit and found out it was a hoax e-mail that was going around. HA! It's funny now, but at the time I thought it was really my brother-in-law's girlfriend trying to mess with me (she had "issues").

Anyway, hopefully Ruud can enlighten us a bit next time he checks in.

Lynne
SBSbookkeeping

Postby Ruud » Tue May 31, 2005 8:13 pm

SBSbookkeeping, it is quite common that virusses, and spam, are send out with someone else's email address as the return address. Consequently, when the email is rejected you get it back.

In another scheme the setup is to make you think "I did what?", have you open the attachment and get infected. In that case it will usually be a faked mail delivery error.

With downloads of freeware I always download from the original site ... and do a quick search about it. Certain programs are so widely used their brand is as strong as the next paid program.
Ruud

Postby SBSbookkeeping » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:23 pm

SBSbookkeeping

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk