[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Home Number / Work Number • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Home Number / Work Number

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Home Number / Work Number

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:28 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby SteveJohnson » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 am

I have had to discontinue use of a business phone, and I don't give my home phone to clients.

I don't give it out because they tend to try to reach me at odd hours :D

Seriously - I came to the realization that what I do for clients doesn't necessitate 24 hour availability, for the most part.

I do have a couple of clients with "critical" ecommerce sites that have my home phone. But they also know that as soon as they dial it, after-hours rates apply. They don't call very often.

I had to do this because of two clients -- who both thought I should have a 24/7 help line and they thoroughly abused the privilege of having my phone number.
SteveJohnson

Just cancelled 2nd line

Postby createyourdream » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:45 am

With my past experience in network marketing, the phone was always a necessity, but also a tax writeoff. Since I haven't been doing that for a couple years, I kept the extra phone line to participate in conference calls & as a backup fax. Since I no longer participate in teleconferences, I just decided to cancel the 2nd land line because I prefer not having to use the phone...

I will make my cell phone my contact phone number and that's always with me if someone needs to be in touch, but I hope to handle customer service and client contacts in online ways, email, webinar, skype, IM, Twitter. There are just so many ways to communicate online, that a phone seems unnecessary.

I personally love Chat Customer Service. Most recently, Comcast Online Chat solved an issue for me in minutes while I was on hold for the same amount of time by phone!

Now, our Chimney Biz runs on phone contact, so we have an exclusive separate biz line.

best,
Mary
createyourdream
Elite Member

Re: Just cancelled 2nd line

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:40 am

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Mel » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:45 am

Mel

Postby TorontoCarol » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:25 pm

TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:52 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:30 am

I like that idea too Stefani. That way you're available, but you're not available... makes it harder for them to take advantage of having phone access.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 am

I also have a voicemail through GrandCentral at http://www.grandcentral.com/

Google recently bought them. It's free and it has a lot of cool features.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby wah_momma » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 pm

wah_momma

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:39 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Return to Home Office Talk