This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are You Guilty of Eating Meals At Your Desk?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Moneycatchers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:54 am

Hi All

Yep I eat at my desk if I am on My own but never if anyone is about.

I also have slept many many time there for a couple of hours and woken up with qwerty on my face or at least the squares from the keys embedded on my forehead or cheeks not a particularly cool look though.

I should try a pillow.

See Ya Later SSWTer's

Ian UK
Moneycatchers
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:45 am

LOL Your insomnia issues have now become clear.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 am

Uh oh, I'm also guilty of falling asleep at my desk every now and then, or out on the sofa with the laptop next to me LOL
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:26 am

That I can say...I've never fallen asleep at my computer. ;) lol
tam2005

Postby msliz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Funny you should ask. My husband just gave me a lecture on how I spend too much time at the 'puter!

Eat meals here? Most certainly yes, I even have an exercise bike and TV in my office. If I get a microwave and a mini frige I'd never have to leave!

I have to say tho, when I do leave I get this lost feeling like a fish out of water, how pathetic is that?

Oh well, at least I love it, I guess that's a fortune most folks don't have.
msliz

Postby Mel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:59 pm

tam2005 wrote:
The last time I cleaned my keyboard, I could have made a meal out of the crumbs that came out of it. :shock:

LOL!!! :lol: That was funny! Did you have any strange odors coming from your keyboard? lol

Luckily it was dry crumbs, so no odor. It'd be a sad day for me if I had to toss my keyboard because it smelled. I love my keyboard.
Mel

Postby Mel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:12 pm

msliz wrote:I have to say tho, when I do leave I get this lost feeling like a fish out of water, how pathetic is that?

I sometimes get that feeling too. I usually take weekends off but at times I feel lost the entire weekend.
Mel

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:01 am

You mean people ACTUALLY eat away from their desk? BLASPHEMY! :twisted:

I'd starve otherwise. But I DO have to shake out the keyboards every now and then! :P

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 am

I swore when I got my new backlit keyboard that it would stay crumb free. Oops, that's not going so well. The little desk vacuum doesn't get all the crumbs out of there!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:55 am

See, that's why I like my cordless keyboard, just pick up - turn upside down & give it a good shake. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:52 am

msliz wrote:I have to say tho, when I do leave I get this lost feeling like a fish out of water, how pathetic is that?

Actually, Liz - it's funny you should say this - when I'm in the kitchen (from where I can see my ofc and my desk and both my puters, my precious, darling puters) and one of my kids goes to sit at my desk, I start to panic a little. Bwahaha! I'm serious - my chest gets tight and it makes me SO uncomfortable!!

Usually it's my oldest and he's FIFTEEN, for goodness' sake! He's not gonna break anything! He's not gonna crash my puter!

But it just makes me SOOOO nervous!

I mean, sometimes I might have a skype chat with Retta up that maybe isn't meant for kids' eyes. Or a blog post open - that I can't stand his critiques of. Or a lot of times - I'm in the middle of TEN trains of thought - open up in 24 tabs and I just took a break to wash dishes and I don't know, I guess I think he's gonna close my tabs and lose all the progress I've made in those trains of thought....who knows...

All I know is - it usually FREAKS me out! Bwahahahaha!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:18 am

LMAO ~ I always tell the kids to open a NEW window when they sit down at my computer. They know not to close mommy's bajillion firefox tabs that she has open!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:31 am

Yep! I know - LOL - But inevitably, when Sammie sits down, something goes wrong - and I lose them all! Shhh! don't tell her I said that! Mums the word!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:22 pm

My son gets on my puter at times when I have 5 or 6 windows open and I always tell him, "don't touch them!" I often go back and find either half of them gone or all!! :roll: lol
tam2005

Postby ScottTousignant » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 pm

I've got a bowl of fruit, a container of almonds and walnuts, and my water bottle at my desk at all times. It keeps healthy food at the top of my mind constantly.
ScottTousignant
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk