This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Recession - Not For Me

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

In a recession, I see lots of opportunities for me/my business

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 4

Recession - Not For Me

Postby onlineleben » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:31 am

=== sorry if posted in the wrong category, but didn't find a better one ===
<rant>
I don't understand the world anymore.
Everyone writes about the recession (or the upcoming recession) and that for small businesses and also online businesses now is the time to apply changes so you can weather the difficult times.
In my opinion, the advice given, is mostly accurate, but should apply to any business in whatever circumstances.
When I look at Dr. Ralph Wilsons newsletter which I had in the mail today, a contributing author writes about improving conversion rates, analyzing marketing costs, organic SEO and proper setup of landing pages for ppc campaigns.
All this I see as standard webmastering - nothing special that you should do just because some banks (and also parts of the general public) are in financial troubles.
Use these times to
a) bring your act together and
b) expand your business (whether online or offline)
This way will be there (in good shape) when your customers reco
</rant>
Thanks for reading - and now take the poll ...
onlineleben

Postby Baggs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:42 am

I am not sure that there are lots of oportunities, unfortunately, as a lot of people will start to spend less. That must impact on online sales as well.

But I agree, a recession is no reason to suddenly start looking at SEO etc; that should be core good practice.
Baggs

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Baggs wrote:I am not sure that there are lots of oportunities, unfortunately, as a lot of people will start to spend less. That must impact on online sales as well.

BUT this situation will likely spur MANY (probably not most, though) into doing something to generate some income.

Kind of a "kick-in-the-butt" motivating factor - huh? :wink:

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Return to Home Office Talk