This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What are your hours?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby angienewton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am

Mostly morning but some night too.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

Hours!?! What are hours -LMAO-

In all seriousness though, I usually go from 9am to 1pm then take an hour away to grab lunch and take a walk with the dog. Then from 2pm to 4pm, then offline and help kids with homework etc, then 8pm to whenever I decide I'm done for the night!

Now of course I don't do all those hours every day, but whatever I need to work on usually gets squeezed into one of those time frames.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I've recently changed my ALL THE TIME hours to mostly daytime hours...off on evenings and weekends....it's been wonderful!! Spending more time with kids, hubby, relaxing, getting in a lot of reading, etc

I have the last 2 wks+ been slipping ever-so-slowly back into my old ways - I've gotta watch that!

This is a good thread - glad it was reawakened to keep these thoughts on my mind.

But like, yesterday and today, I was not feeling well, so during the day I didn't finish all I needed to get done, so I'm doing some at night.

I've been much more relaxed and happy and feeling connected to my kids, though, since I've gotten more reasonable with my hours.
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Good to hear that Lisa Marie.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm

lisamariemary wrote:I've recently changed my ALL THE TIME hours to mostly daytime hours...off on evenings and weekends....

Yeah she leaves me to talk to myself all day on Saturday since she's not on Skype for me to harass! LMAO :lol:
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm

terrapin719 wrote:
Yeah she leaves me to talk to myself all day on Saturday since she's not on Skype for me to harass! LMAO :lol:

It's payback, baby! Remember when Saturdays used to be your 'day out' - karate, shopping, and all that......yeah, I was so lonely.... :P
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby kirkward » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey, I'm always lonely.

About the only socializing I get to do is visiting the doctor and complaining about being old, tired and ugly.
kirkward
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm

lisamariemary wrote:It's payback, baby! Remember when Saturdays used to be your 'day out' - karate, shopping, and all that......yeah, I was so lonely.... :P

I'm so busted -lol-

kirkward wrote:About the only socializing I get to do is visiting the doctor and complaining about being old, tired and ugly.

LOL :lol: Well you probably get more social interaction than me! These days the most social interaction I've got is dragging my MIL to her doctor appointments and listen to her complain about being old and tired and how her daughter in law is making her do stuff!
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby kirkward » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm

terrapin719 wrote:LOL :lol: Well you probably get more social interaction than me! These days the most social interaction I've got is dragging my MIL to her doctor appointments and listen to her complain about being old and tired and how her daughter in law is making her do stuff!

ROFLMAO ... I can hardly wait until I get to have my DIL or SIL carry me. Boy, the complaining I can do. Years of pent up bellyachin' and bitchin' will come to the fore!
kirkward
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:26 pm

I usuall get to work from 2-4pm when my 2 year old and 2 month old are having a nap. Then I usually work from 9pm-11pm after they go to bed. Also I try to get an hour or 2 in on Wednesday mornings when gramma takes my 2 year old to nursery school.
mellymom3

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Whenever I need to get something done. OK ... I admit to being lazy. :lol:

Other than that my only "sort of" steady hours is 9am to maybe 11-11:30am 3 or 4 days during week when I do my daytrading gig.

When summertime comes around and the patios are open, I'm in "kick back" mode. Image

Flexibility is what I strived for all these years. I'm fortunate that I'm able to have that flexibility nowadays.

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby lisamariemary » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Wow, that sounds super groovy, Rick!! Most definitely! :D
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk