This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New screen for laptop

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

New screen for laptop

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:30 pm

I am going to need to buy a new screen for my Toshiba laptop. Any recommendations?
MommyEnterprises

Postby karynsolo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 am

If you are in need of a new screen you may want to consider just getting another laptop, I had a screen go out and with what it cost me to replace just that screen I bought a new laptop at Best Buy for about 150 more.

If not you can try looking up Toshiba parts wholesalers to see if anyone has just a screen.
karynsolo

Postby KansasDragon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 am

Try Ebay. Quite often there are screens that are pulled from dead laptops that are perfectly good. They sometimes sell the entire assembly for about $50. (Actually there are always lcd panels for sale.)

You'll have to search for your model of Toshiba..

And how do I know this.. I just sold a Toshiba LCD panel I pulled off of my dead laptop, and earlier this year repaired my son's laptop by buying him a replacement LCD panel on Ebay.

You'll probably have to pay a repair geek about $100 to pull your old panel off and put the replacement on. (1 hour labor) If they tell you it takes longer than that, they are crazy.
KansasDragon

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 am

I will have to look into Ebay. Luckily I have someone that can replace it, I just have to buy one.

Getting a new laptop is definitely out of the question as this one is only months old and I owe lots of money on it, LOL!
MommyEnterprises

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:32 am

This might sound silly, but I don't know the size. I don't know where the documentation is that came with it and I would not want to buy the wrong size.

Do I just measure the actual screen part?
MommyEnterprises

Postby KansasDragon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm sending you a PM. I'll try to help you locate the right one on Ebay.
KansasDragon

Identifying Your Model Number of Your Laptop

Postby Bill M Moore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Stefani,

All you have to do is turn over your laptop and look on the bottom. You should see a couple of tags with information on it. One will be the make and serial number of your laptop.

eBay is a good place to look for a replacement LCD screen. Also, you might want to do a Google search on your make/model number to see what is available.

Bill M Moore
Bill M Moore
Elite Member

Return to Home Office Talk