[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Home Office • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Home Office

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Home Office

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:07 am

Tell us about your Home Office!

Kitchen table? Separate room? A desk in your bedroom? Where do you work, and how does that work out for you?

That's a pretty goofy picture of me - I got caught by surprise :roll: but anyway - that's my current home office. I am set up where Grandmother once had an in-home beauty shop, with a large U-shaped desk & workspace. I generally have three computers running here - two desktop systems and one laptop, all networked on a wireless DSL router.

At one time, back when I lived on the lake in the middle of nowhere, I had the 'U' spread out into one long desk along one wall - and a couch with two reclining ends in front of it. Talk about comfy! :lol: There were two systems running then - one on each end - and I had an on-site assistant that would come in and sit on one end to work, while I sat on the other. She couldnt have asked for a better job - we were both reclined with keyboards in our laps and a remote to the stereo within reach ;)

My dream office? An upstairs room with lots of windows... and walls filled with books! How about you?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:34 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:36 pm

Hey, Lynny...

I tried to post a comment on your blog and ended up getting one myself (?????)

How'd you get that little box at the bottom of your post?
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:38 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:45 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

2 offices

Postby ambrose » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:42 pm

My husband and I each have our own seperate offices/rooms downstairs in our house.
ambrose

Postby netadventures » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:19 pm

When we renovated, we added a small office off the side of the new living room. Sitting here now, surrounded by stacks of papers (I'm the messy paper type, and my offline business requires a LOT of paper), I'm wishing I didn't have to type "small office"!

We have four computers in here, all online (but not networked - we didn't even want to go there). Three printers (one is a fax/printer/photocopier/scanner combo). Four desks. One small work table. Two tall bookcases. Seven small bookcases. All packed into a room that's about 150 square feet.

Benefit: I'm looking across the room at a set of French patio doors that open up onto our back deck. And the baby's monitor is here and I can stop working and go up and check on him anytime I want.

Crammed, cramped or whatever, I love working from home.
netadventures

Postby sugarrae » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:18 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:25 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sugarrae » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:31 pm

sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:50 pm

Ahh yes - I have a super-big comfy recliner! :D

And then there's always the couch - where I catch a favorite tv show and work during commercials...

Or the kitchen table - where I surf blogs & forums while I'm eating lunch...

Or the car (but not when I'm driving! :shock: )

:lol:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Anita DeFrank » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:40 am

Anita DeFrank

My Home Office

Postby PattyGale » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:11 pm

I originally started out with a small section of our family room. Once Emily started crawling and my business started growing, we moved me to the dining room. It has only been used on holidays for eating, so it worked out great.

Then, I started over-taking the dining room and had to move from there when we had the house painted.

My oldest moved away to college last year, so he very kindly offered his bedroom as my office, which is where I am now. It's alot of space, and serves the purpose fine.

My "dream home office" is a Christopher Lowell design.. yea...someday!

Patty
PattyGale

Postby karadawn » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:03 am

karadawn

Next

Return to Home Office Talk