[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Home Office • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Home Office

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Major Disaster Area

Postby neeo25 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:56 am

Hey Guys,

I am new around here so I need big help !

My Home Office is in a separate room but the whole room and the desk looks like a Major Disaster Zone. :shock:

I have tried to organise it time and again but it all gets back to "normal" within 48-hrs.

Any tips on how to keep it all organised ?

Particularly how do y'all keep all the different affiliate program info organised ? DO you backup offline ?

I would really appreciate some tips ! :roll:
neeo25

Postby karadawn » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:25 am

That's a whole other topic I think lol. My desk is a total mess too. About the only thing I clean off daily is pop cans just so I can move my mouse LOL. :lol: Just the other day I had to do a little cleaning so I could find the printer :shock:
karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:33 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby theuniek1 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:34 pm

I completely agree with you Lynn...I would have to call my desk* an organized mess as well - but about 3 days ago, I realized my scanner was non-existant so I made a resolution to clean it off permanently and what I did was:

1) Remove every single thing that was not a computer or piece of computer hardware from my desktop and place it somewhere else (bed, floor, what have you...)
2) I took a deep breath and said "aaaah....clean"
3) Went through each of the items individually and created "priority piles" and decided based on whether I needed to reference a document repeatedly, sometimes, or sporatically. Once that was done, I placed them on specific levels of my stacking file trays (yes, I had those, and they were empty ROFL).
4) I also have a filing cabinet, which I placed all "reference only" documents that never get a second look, but still need to be kept
5) The non-computer items I allow on my desk are only: the stacking file tray, a pad of paper, my password list*, a pencil holder, and a color wheel.

* Because of my desk structure, I have a lot of cubbies (which I am thankful for) and I put all the supporting items (such as books, CDs, printer paper, etc.) in those sections.

**As for organizing of affiliate programs...um, well, I can use a better organization system ROFL - my primary occupation is a web designer so the one thing I have a lot of are passwords, so I developed a password list (PM me if you want a copy - not of the passwords, just the template I use) and I keep all my passwords on it for later reference.

Hope that can help someone :)

Teli
Last edited by theuniek1 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theuniek1

Postby netadventures » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:02 pm

netadventures

Postby neeo25 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:49 pm

neeo25

Postby ggagolfer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:34 pm

My office is in my living room. the room is visually two parts, so we have all of our biz stuff in one part.
My desk is littered with mail, date books and miscellaneous stuff that the kids forget to take with them when they're done playing Runescape. Sometimes, I even have to move things out from under the mousepad to get it functional again. We have two file cabinets(his & hers), two printers, copier/fax and a corner for the dog. I don't have enough cabinet space for all of the phone books, catalogs, etc. so they are piled up under the copier. Pretty messy, but it's the best I've been willing to do!

This desk serves 5 people so I try to be very tolerant of the other 4! :D [/img]
ggagolfer

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:24 pm

LOL, I can relate to that Karen!

And my son plays runescape, too :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMommy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:57 pm

I have a bedroom that's my home office. I have a large desk, computer, printer, mic, speakers, folders...etc.
LuckyMommy

Postby Shannon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:31 am

Shannon

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:19 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LuckyMommy » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:39 pm

I got a picture of it finally:

Not the nicest or cleanest, but it works well for me ;)
LuckyMommy

Postby Teena » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:19 pm

You're scaring me with that tidy desk!

haha - well done!

I currently have my laptop on a wheelie desk from Ikea, and I struggle to find space for my tea and toast every morning while I check msgs. It is chock full of paperwork, I've moved some of it to the dining room table to sort, but hey ... it's still waiting!

But this weekend - this is really it! I just found a cheque I didn't know I hadn't banked, so it's time for *action*! I have a new area for my office and I need to move furniture etc this weekend and set it up. I like to sit by my patio doors so I can be 10' from the palmtrees and the tropical garden.

I plan to walk to the beach each morning [15 mins away] which will give me good thinking time and then come home to a tidy desk [fingers' crossed!].

Hmmmmmm - I just had a thought ... what if we *imagined* our desks were on hinges and every night we had to put them down flat against the wall [after removing computer :) ...]

then we'd have to keep them tidy haha

I like to escape into fantasy world, and this sounded like a good idea at the time!

PS - I am one of those creatures who will find things to put on a surface wherever I can find one ... then run around moving and tidying up when visitors are due. Imagine the time I could save if I had a place for everything? So - I just bought two white double-door cupboards for my new office - and I'm off to start filling them up!

Cheers
Teena
Teena

Postby geraelindsey » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:03 pm

I feel much better after reading through these posts - my desk usually is so buried I'm not even sure if it is still there!

Teena - I am embarrassed to say I did the same thing once - except I didn't find the check, a client emailed to see if I was ever going to cash it. Oops!!! :oops: Why, uh, yes I am ... as soon as I find it.

:)
geraelindsey

Postby Teena » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:44 am

Teena

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk