[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need help! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need help!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

I need help!

Postby andrew28 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:47 pm

andrew28

Postby JosephRatliff » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:54 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby GaryHarvey » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:00 am

Hi Andrew.

Yes, tracking is important... so you know what promotional
activity is working for you.

Well...

I just happened to notice another post in the ads section
here that is offering a free tracking service.

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... highlight=

The idea is that with each separate ad campaign you use
a different link - and this service (there are oodles of
other similar services that do the same) gives you unlimited
links. You can log into their site and check how many
clicks each promotional thing you do gets. However they
may not tell you what generated the sales, but any info
(eg, how many clicks an ad in xxx got you) is better than
no info.

Cheers,
Gary
GaryHarvey

Postby karynsolo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:18 pm

karynsolo

Postby aureliustjin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Hi Andrew,

I am sorry to hear about your sales story.

It is important that you do tracking. You can always try to install some tracker to your site like Google analytics or you can have it free from your hosting. By closely tracking, you will be able to weigh your ROI.

I hope that helps! :D
aureliustjin

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi Andrew,

I am also glad to see that it is working for you. Reading the post here you have received some good advice, already. I think I would try what Gary has suggested and try the free tracking service which is listed in the ads section of the forum.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Postby GaryHarvey » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Hey Beryl - you're one smart cookie. Agreeing with me!

Gary

PS: I just kicked off a new site for a friend...
http://GoldWaveTable.com
It's about a machine that extracts tiny particles of gold from the ground. He's the Aussie rep.
GaryHarvey

Postby wheatstraw » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Another thing...aside from tracking, it's important to realize that adwords typically do not = instant sales. I don't know what keywords you're using, but you usually have to spend a bit before you start seeing returns. It's essential for some businesses, unnecessary for others.
wheatstraw

Postby Daniel McGonagle » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 am

The one thing many people don't track is time spent to make the sale. You're building a business, so sometimes you're working for free or worse, for a loss.

Google analytics is something you need installed on your site, blog, or whatever, especially if you're doing PPC marketing. You also need to track your vistiors in cpanel also.

cpanel can tell you a lot that you want to know
Daniel McGonagle

Postby GaryHarvey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Dan, you're so right about CPanel. I noticed it again
only the other day. It told me how much traffic
was coming to the various subdomains I'm
using on one of my sites.

So at a glance I can tell which subdomains are
working and which arent.

Good point about CPanel.

Gary
http://FindHotMarkets.com/blog
GaryHarvey

Postby miriampotter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:36 am

Hello

The one thing I love about this forum, is that I am learning all the time.

You state google analytics, I have that on my blog, but not on my websites, were do you put the code for websites in the html please? is it by the header?
miriampotter

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Home Office Talk