[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Question for those running multiple sites... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Question for those running multiple sites...

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Question for those running multiple sites...

Postby sharp21 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes anyway!
Ive just about got my first affiliate site online & am already planning my next one.
Obviously they arent making any money (yet!) but before I put up the second one I thought I should start thinking about taxes & whatnot, just in case.
Should I start an LLC or something like that, like an umbrella company for all the sites? That way too I was thinking I could sign up for all my affiliate accounts using the umbrella company, so that all cheques coming in are made out to the same name, instead of for each individual website.
Also, when the tax man comes around I could have all the finances for all the sites come under the parent company.
Does this make sense? What are others doing for this situation? I want to plan ahead for future expansion now while im starting, instead of trying to cobble something together after ive got multiple websites online.
Thanks
S.
sharp21

Postby nar321 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 pm

If your concerned check with a lawyer specializing in LLC's. Incorporation requires more paper work and at least in my opinion should be put off till there is a tax advantage.

Lynn Terry has said several times that she receives checks from different programs using several identifers and then places all such checks in the Same DBA account.

I applaud you attention to the legal nicities, But highly doubt in spite of the hype that you will be dealing with four, five or six figure checks anytime in the next 30 days. So go with the flow, do keep your online business seperated from your personal .accounts prehaps by having a virtual accountant. All of the above is my opinion and doesn't constitute legal advice
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:45 pm

I have one LLC and I run everything through that.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby sharp21 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:42 pm

What about registering just a sole propietorship & using that?
S.
sharp21

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 am

I always recommend you just file as sole propieter the first year, or at the very least wait until it becomes obviously necessary to go through those steps.

And as Robert pointed out, you can create a DBA (doing business as) for your bank account so you can deposit checks under various business names and/or alias names. Just ask your bank about it and they'll hook you up.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby sharp21 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 am

Thanks. Im just going to keep building until it takes off, then worry about it!
S.
sharp21

Postby GaryHarvey » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 am

sharp21, what I've done is to have checks (such as Clickbank's)
sent to me in my personal name. I bank them in my personal account
and do my income tax calculations from there.

Other income comes to my Paypal account and I have linked
that again to my personal bank account. All pretty straightforward
stuff, I'd say.

My tax accountant works with the stats I provide him. This has
worked well for me for several years.

HTH
Gary

Disclaimer: This is not tax advice.... I am not an accountant... etc.....
GaryHarvey

Postby Mommyland » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:08 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby GaryHarvey » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:56 am

My pleasure.
GaryHarvey

Postby MunnyMaker » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:45 pm

MunnyMaker

Postby kristinecfp » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:25 pm

kristinecfp

Postby Barry Rice » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:47 am

Barry Rice

Postby beyourownboss » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:08 pm

beyourownboss

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:27 pm

I have to agree with all the information that you have received from Kristine. Excellent advice.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Return to Home Office Talk