[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby woellner » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:44 pm

woellner

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:36 am

womaninbiz

Hi...

Postby DivaVal » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:00 pm

DivaVal

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:23 am

I'm not there yet, but working hungrily toward it.

I love the thought of not having to answer to a boss, making my own hours, and making as much cashola as I see fit.

With my present web site, I can see myself getting up in the morning, taking the laptop down to the local coffee shop at the Oregon Coast, working on the site for a couple hours while I watch the ocean outside and then walking the beach with my wife for the rest of the day.

I can't wait! :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby womaninbiz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:24 pm

That's a wonderful vision Oregon Coast Guy,

and what goals have you set for yourself to make sure that you will see this vision through? Are you currently still working a full time job? the eason I ask is because you responded in your message that Ï am not there yet"

I look forward to reading your response. What business industry are you in?

To Your Continued Success!

Build Skills and Confidence - Learn to Love Public Speaking! -
http://www.fullcirclementoring.org/even ... EventID=18
womaninbiz

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:48 pm

I presently work as a full-time web designer at a local 4x4 outlet. I've been there 7 years. Aside from that, I work on building my site's content, marketing it and monetizing it in ways that will benefit my visitors and myself.

I tend to set small goals that I can eventually obtain. That way, I'm not overwhelming myself. I continually look for extra streams of income, so that I can always have money coming in from somewhere.

As the income grows, so will my chance to escape and make my life at the coast. :wink:
Last edited by Oregon Coast Guy on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Liara Covert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 am

Hi Oregon Coast Guy.

I think its great that you have a vision for your on-line business and also where you see it taking you. Like yourself, I have discovered that writing blogs and working on website content in different places can combine to create sufficient income. This continues to be a rewarding process of self-discovery for me.

My own experience in my life and working with others has taught me that until a person takes chances to explore options, then its difficult for that person to discover what possibilities exist. After all, we can create the life we choose. This begins in our minds. How many people spend their lives questioning why they do what they do rather than stepping outside their comfort zone to find out what else they can do and enjoy? I would encourage anyone to learn to listen to themselves more and create the life they wish to lead. You can start slow as you continue working at what you do to pay bills. As you discern what you like, and channel energy in that direction, your life will evolve accordingly. Anything is possible! :D
Liara Covert

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:34 am

Great post, Liara :D

By the way... Anyone planning on seeing "Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith? It's high on my list of must-see's!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:05 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk