[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby JWallace » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:46 am

JWallace

Postby Shannon » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:26 am

I have always had the entrepreneurial spirit. I was able to successfully build a business at the age of 18, and later sold it at 21. From there, I built to other businesses that were not quite as successful.

After that, I decided to get into sales and had been selling cars for about 2 1/2 years When I thought what Internet marketing would probably be a pretty good business.

I was able to build a fairly decent residual income, but was sidetracked with working a ton of hours at the dealership. I had a goal to reach 150,000 at my job. So I was pretty focused their.

My wife is now six months pregnant, and I am missing a lot already. That is why I am now concentrating more on the Internet business than the actual job.

I don't want to miss my child growing up, and I want to see the things that most dads never get to see.

Shannon.
Shannon

Postby womaninbiz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:40 pm

womaninbiz

Postby sweetcupcakebyjen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:50 pm

I chose to WAH mainly because I wanted to have a family and be home with them.

I also have allergic reactions to many industrial cleaners and pesticides and had difficulty finding a healthy work environment for myself. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired-- and making someone else rich in the process!

So now I work at home where I know I can be healthy and safe. My daughter isn't in daycare and I have a job I love.

PLUS~ I get to work in my jammies~ YAY!

I wish I'd started sooner! :D
sweetcupcakebyjen

Postby Paul Wilson » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:54 pm

I'm fascinated by the fact people say they make a lot of money from home based businesses. I don't want to work for nobody all my life because regular jobs have STUPID rules. People get tired of jobs, quit them and go back and get another job and fall back into the same trap. I really have to come up with a 99.9% why because there are obstacles standing in the way of aspiring business owners.
Paul Wilson

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:06 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Paul Wilson » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:04 pm

Paul Wilson

Postby Chuck_Anthony » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:43 pm

I have to say that initially, I started a home-based business for the tax advantages. A friend of mine issued a challenge and i got started with a network marketing opportiunity in 1990--it was a dog food MLM. I like to say that my business went to the dogs :lol: Well, it did in more ways than one. The dog food MLM turned to doody in less than two years and went under like so many MLMs did in the '90s. Thank goodness for those tax write-offs. Fortunately, in '95 I landed with a great manufacturing/marketing company and have been with them ever since. I write about this occassionally in my blog.

"From dogs to blogs" ... Maybe that will be the headline in my next entry!
Chuck_Anthony

Postby homebizness » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:22 pm

For many years my husband and I have had the vision of working from home in our own business/es because it would allow us the flexibility and freedom to create our own schedule and be in control of creating more income than our j.o.b's. We have worked in our own home businesses for more than 10 years. What I love best about being a home business owner is having the flexibility of my schedule and be home with my daughter and spend time with her.

All the best,
Danyelle

homebizness

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:32 am

I was in a car accident and going back to work on Wall Street was out of the question. I always thought that I'd retire and own a company (my 2nd).

So I retired a little early ;)
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby MomsCareer » Mon May 08, 2006 2:23 pm

I started my home business so that I could work from home and be there for the kids. I have been in business now 5 years. Now that my kids are older I really enjoy being my own boss and am excited that I have so many options with my online business and it can only get better!
I am also a single parent so I am glad that I pursued my dream.
MomsCareer

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue May 09, 2006 7:19 pm

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby tot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:59 pm

tot
Elite Member

Postby tot » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:07 pm

tot
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Lynn Terry