[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Motivated You To Become A WAH Business Owner?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby gary_the_ace » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:16 am

gary_the_ace

Don't like to wait for the bathroom!

Postby jbsmith » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:13 pm

jbsmith

Postby WatkinsWAHM » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:29 pm

WatkinsWAHM

Postby PattyGale » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:00 am

How did I miss this?

I think I've wanted my own business since the late 1980's, but was not in a position financially or otherwise to pursue anything.

My boys were little at the time, so I stayed in corporate America.

Fast forward to 2000, I found myself pregnant and knowing that I did not want to put her in daycare.

So, I guess you could say even though the idea of having my own business was always in the back of my mind for years, it wasn't until 2000 that I was in a position to seriously start doing research to pursue my options.

Now, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to the tradtional 9-5. I don't have to wear suits anymore, no more heels or dry cleaning!

I can work when I need to, stop whenever I want to do a puzzle with Emily or go to the "Y" or whatever.

I don't have to call in sick to anyone, and I can be as flexible and creative as I want. I do my own "personnel performance reviews" instead of some boss who wouldn't have a clue.

Anyway.... that's why I work from home.

Patty
PattyGale

Good topic...

Postby Liz Tomey » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:34 pm

I started my first home business when I was 19. I was in college in WA going for my RN. I was doing clinicals in an ER when they brought a little boy in that had a father that did awful things to him. I helped prep the boy for his surgery, and after several events that night, the boy didn't make it.

The next day I withdrew from the nursing program. I had ALWAYS wanted to be a nurse, but the night before taught me, that I just wasn't cut out for it. I feel WAY to much for people. Now with kids of my own, there is NO WAY I could ever be a nurse in ANY field.

After looking at my options (spending a lot more of my parents money to pursue a totally different degree), I decided that I wanted to do my own thing. I wanted to be in total control of my life.

The first thing I started in was the money making opportunities offline world. I didn't like promoting the programs because I knew that there were A LOT more people above me making a lot more money. I did really well with promoting them, but didn't like the idea of basically working to pay someone else. So many of the other people promoting them were constantly talking about not knowing where and how to promote their money making programs, services, info products, and stuff like that. I figured I'd done well at promoting, so I started teaching others.

7 years later I am still teaching offline people to promote. Not only their money making programs, but actual services and products too.

Looking back, starting my own business was the best thing I ever did. Especially now that I have kids. I'm able to be here for them all the time. I think a lot of the problems our world has comes from children not having their parents around enough. I really like the money that my home business brings me, but what makes it truly worth it is being able to wake up every morning with my kids, to be there at lunch time, to be there at nap time, to be there at learning time, to be there at play time, to be there during tv time, to be there at bedtime... My ultimate goal with my home business has nothing to do with the money. It has to do with being able to be there for my kids in the hope that I will raise them to be good people. I don't have to rely on anyone else to do that for me. :D

Liz Tomey
Liz Tomey

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:42 pm

That was really touching, Liz :D

I'm sure there are many (including myself) that wish they had been introduced to home/online business and gotten established before they started their families. You were fortunate to have your 'vision' so early - kudos to you for being keen enough to run with it and create such a wonderful lifestyle!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I Get The Best Of Both Worlds

Postby DeadInToIt » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:48 pm

Plain and simple. You will never get rich working for somebody else.

I got tired of making other people rich.

The way I do it, I get rich and help others do likewise.

Best of both worlds.
DeadInToIt

Postby mepDave » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:39 am

mepDave

Postby neecie » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:32 pm

Five years ago I had a brain tumor. At that time, I was a math teacher. Since then, my neurologist has not released me to go back into the classroom fulltime because of my numerous health concerns. With a home based business, I can work around my health. Since I have not been able to work and my large medical bills I needed to bring in a second income (after my husbands). Also, I wanted to be able to stay home with my 2 kids. The team I work with promotes moms helping moms acieve their goals and dreams! Mine is to make the income we need as a family and to continue to stay home with my kids.
Denise
neecie

Postby 3bgeneral » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:22 am

I always wanted to have my own business, but I guess I wasn't motivated or disciplined enough to stick with something. I always worked outside of the home and absolutely hated it. I think i'm a bit more disciplined now and can handle having my own business better at this time in my life.

Bev
3bgeneral

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Mon May 09, 2005 12:24 pm

A car accident in 1994 reminded me how short life was. AND that I couldn't go back to Wall Street to work 16 hour days.

;)
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 09, 2005 1:36 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:15 am

Ladan Lashkari

Postby SebastianSerg » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:07 pm

Dead intuit is right. Working for somebody should be the start of the way, but not the middle. Anyway some people don't need money, but for ones that value expensive life their own biz is the only right choice. And I'm one of those people ;-)
SebastianSerg

Motivation

Postby success1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:40 am

success1

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk