[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - PC-to-Phone Service • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

PC-to-Phone Service

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

PC-to-Phone Service

Postby spanbgon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Can anyone recommend this service? I saw an ad for Yahoo that offers $.01/min calls but I'd like to hear from anyone actually using these services.

Thanks!
Joe
spanbgon
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:35 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby spanbgon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:43 pm

spanbgon
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:00 am

Jim Guinn

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Is Skype something you are looking for?
MommyEnterprises

Postby spanbgon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:57 pm

I just downloaded Skype and tried it out. It's not that bad. People say the call is pretty clear and I can hear them so all is well. I am using an old microphone and ear buds though. I think it's time to upgrade :)

Thanks for the suggestion!
spanbgon
Elite Member

I Cut My Cell Phone Minutes From 3,000/Mo to 700/Mo!

Postby kemet » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:57 pm

Skype is Great! I am saving hundreds of dollars per year. I use Skype Unlimited, which gives me unlimited calls to cell phones and land lines throughout the US and Canada for $29.95 Per Year!

Yeah, sometimes it is a little tempermental, but Skype makes it easy to do conference calls with up to 9 attendees, easy recording of calls and transfer of files of Unlimited size between callers. There is other stuff Skype can do that I have not even discovered yet.

Go for it!

Bill
kemet

Postby Michelle Waters » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Skype and other VOIP services are great -- when your internet is up and running properly. If you have highly reliable internet then VOIP is a great (and much cheaper!) option. However, even the best internet connection is not going to be as reliable as a land line.

Now, if you don't make or receive a lot of phone calls, and letting your customers get the answering service works in your business, then this would be an excellent solution.

I am considering switching to just Skype -- but I'm nervous about not having that phone sitting on my desk. LOL I'm still researching...
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Hi Michelle

Postby kemet » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:41 pm

I make tons of calls over Skype. That is how I was able to cut my cell minutes from 3,000 mo to 700. skype has so many features. You do not hav to let unanswered calls go to voice mail when you are not at the computer, Skype will transfer them to your land line or cell!

Try it, you'll see.

Bill
kemet

Postby robert adams » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Michelle Waters » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Another Option

Postby Bill M Moore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm

spanbgon,

If you are using broadband Internet connectivity you can use a VoIP service like Vonage. I have used Vonage for 4 years and had a local and toll free number (cost me $39.00/month).

I have switched to MagicJack (another VoIP service); have used it for several teleseminars; and have been very happy with it. I purchased the OTO and ended up with the phone adapter and the VoIP phone service for five (5) years for $99.00. I do have a bundle package with AT&T (got rid of Comcast, another story) that has long distance service with it (wife did not to get rid of the landline).

You have to leave a computer on all the time with the MagicJack connected to a USB port. The only thing I have seen is you will need to reboot the computer once a month to reset the MagicJack. Here is the URL: http://www.magicjack.com

Bill M Moore[/url]
Bill M Moore
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 am

alexc

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:18 pm

I'm a fan of Skype.

I use it for my voicemail, have my own Skype phone number and use it almost daily.

Many people I've talked to on their land-line were shocked to know that I was talking to them on my computer.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby LeisaWatkins » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:34 am

LeisaWatkins

Next

Return to Home Office Talk