[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Tired • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Tired

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Tired

Postby Lady O » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:39 am

Lady O

Postby tess47 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello Lady O

I believe everyone who runs a business online gets exhausted occasionally. I have to admit I have days that my brain cells seem to have just died and I can't concentrate on anything. Thankfully those days are few and far between! :D

The easiest way for me to control my day, and not the other way around is to decide exactly what I am going to accomplish each day and make a list. For example, most days I submit my sites to 5 directories, post a couple of times in 5 forums, write 1 article and submit, and try to post to my blog. Some days I may also post a few classifieds, though I don't believe that is really as effective as other types of advertising.

Other days I mostly stick to networking on a few sites I am a member of. I try to work online 4-5 hours per day.

Maybe if you set certain daily goals and a time limit on how long you will work online, it will help you to stay motivated and not get that burnt out feeling.

Hope this helps!

Tess

Unique Gifts, Home Accents & More at GREAT Prices
tess47

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:03 pm

Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby pilpil » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 am

pilpil

Postby miriampotter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:52 am

Hello

Great question, self control is a big thing!

Tell yourself you are only going to do the hours you intend to do, and make sure you have your relaxation time, like people who go to work have.
miriampotter

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:31 pm

It's more following the process below...

Build momentum => Perfect your marketing => Create systems => Outsource menial tasks => Perfect your systems => Perfect your outsourcing => Outsource the entire business (if you wish) => Duplicate either in the same niche, or another.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby miriampotter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:26 am

Hello

How do you do the above please?
miriampotter

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 am

Gee, Joseph... outsource the entire process? Where's the fun in that? I did note you said "If you wish." :D For me, I'm doing this online business stuff because I love it. To outsource all of it wouldn't make any sense. But I do hope to eventually outsource many of the tasks I don't enjoy.

As far as letting the business run me, that's a challenge because I have a full-time job (which I enjoy, thank goodness). I sit at a computer all day at work, and often the idea of sitting at the computer to do my online biz stuff when I get home just makes me cringe. If I have a deadline to meet, whether self-imposed or for a joint project with other people involved, I'll just force myself to get it done whether I'm in the mood to work or not. During those times, I do feel the business is running me. Fortunately, though, once I "force myself" to start working on something, I get "into it" and start enjoying the work again.

But if there's no real urgency to get something done, and I don't feel like doing anything online... I simply don't do it. That's the benefit of having a full-time job and not having to rely on my online biz income.

Of course, that could also be seen as a negative thing. If I HAD to earn a living with my online activities, I'd definitely be earning more money with 'em by now!

Great thread, Lady O! :D
Bonnie Lowe

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:16 am

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:31 am

Bonnie Lowe

Postby miriampotter » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am

miriampotter

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:14 pm

Miriam,

Thats why the first step in the process is "Build Momentum"...you probably will have to start forward momentum for your online business first, and when the time is right....start to outsource those tasks you don't need to be doing.

But, that being said...

If you are creative, sometimes monetary payment isn't necessarily the only way to compensate someone for doing some work for you. ;)

Think this way...

"What do I have of value that someone else may want in exchange for what I need done?"

Entrepreneurs don't necessarily need to restrict themselves to "conventional" means of getting things done. :)
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby miriampotter » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 am

miriampotter

Re: Tired

Postby karynsolo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:30 pm

karynsolo

Postby robert adams » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:59 pm

good stuff, like I always say;

"Life is too short to be miserable".

robert
robert adams