[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Cordless mouse • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Cordless mouse

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby CorpRebel » Mon May 26, 2008 9:45 am

CorpRebel

Postby Caanan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:42 am

Caanan

Cordless mouse

Postby KarenMcG » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:03 pm

I, too, have a cordless keyboard and mouse. With so many other wires going to and from my computer (printer, modem, monitor, etc.), I prefer as much cordless as I can get.

I seem to go through the batteries more for the mouse than keyboard. I just haven't kept track numbers-wise. Or brand-wise.

Here's the good news for me...a month or so ago, I was looking for a new mouse because I had been using a "loaner" with a cord (long story). :D

Lo and behold, I found a cordless Logitech mouse at Target (I believe it was $29.95) that has an "on/off" switch. So when I turn my computer off at night, I turn off the mouse, too! And save my batteries lives! :D
KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:58 pm

I use cheap batteries in both my keyboard and my trackball.

I only have to change them about twice a year at most.

I am using both probably 10 hours a day on average.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

cordless mouse

Postby auntiej » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 am

Do they not make rechargible battery pack that can be used for the cordless mouse? I have one for my sons games because the batteries can get costly.
auntiej

Re: Cordless mouse

Postby alexc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 am

alexc

Postby trinitybrown » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:40 am

trinitybrown

Postby tam2005 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:58 am

tam2005

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:38 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 pm

CorpRebel

Postby KarenMcG » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:23 am

KarenMcG
Elite Member

Postby onlineleben » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 am

Battery quality is an important factor. In this regard you really get what you pay for. Using name brands as mentioned above will give you power for more days than the cheapos you currently use. Lithium batteries are the way to go when you don't want to worry about your cordless equipment for a long time (but keep a set of cheapos as spare).
Rechargeable batteries are over a longer time the best deal. Go with the NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) type of batteries (capacity of 2.400 mAh). They last longer and don't have a memeory effect. I use them for my digital cameras as well as for the kids toy train and whatever I have running on batteries. Initial investment is high (as you also need a loading device), but in the long term it pays off.

As I am not using cordless equipment for the PC, I am not sure if there is anything that you can switch off when not using it. If this is possible, it would improve battery life immensely.
Just think about this: a cell phone that doesn't get a connection to the carrier continues searching for it and that costs more energy than keeping it alive. Same could apply to cordless PC equipment: if the PC is switched off, but the mouse is still on, the mouse searches for the PC and that costs energy.
onlineleben

Postby Johan42 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Cordless mouses isnt something i recommend. And if you use one use rechargeable batteries as KansasDragon said.
Johan42

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:30 pm

CorpRebel

Postby albertsteven » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 am

albertsteven

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk