This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Cordless mouse

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Cordless mouse

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:59 pm

For those that use cordless mouses, do you go through batteries alot? Mine seems to be going through the AAA's like crazy. I had a different mouse before that wasn't like this.
MommyEnterprises

Cordless Mouse Reply

Postby McCrorie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:19 am

I used to use infrared cordless mouse and keyboard but like you I kept going through AA batteries as if there was no tomorrow. I spent that much on batteries that I could have lighted up a whole street with them.
I have now switched back to using a corded mouse and keyboard.
Cordless mouses and keyboards are great in theory and are cheap to buy but the just aren't cost effective.
McCrorie

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:32 am

Im beginning to see they are not cost effective too. I might just have to go buy me a mouse with a cord!
MommyEnterprises

Postby Mommyland » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:00 pm

I havent had to replaces these batteries in at all. in the keyboard or mouse. I did have a set that it was all the time but I havent had that problem since it got replaced. (due to coffee bath)
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Buy a quality brand of batteries like Duracell and Eveready. Those cheapo batteries like at RadioShack and bargain brands don't seem to last very long at all.

I buy an 8-Pack of Duracell AAs once a month for about $5 at WalMart and rarely ever use the whole pack each month. Use 2 ea for my cordless mouse (LogiTech). And I'm online alot. Worth it to me anyway. :wink:

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
Last edited by CorpRebel on Sun May 25, 2008 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorpRebel

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 am

I noticed the batteries I have bought at say the Dollar Store go dead faster.
MommyEnterprises

Postby angienewton » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:11 pm

I have had both my cordless mouse and keyboard for a few years and just recently changed the batts in the keyboard but the mouse I do have to change often. I use Duracell.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby topearn » Sun May 25, 2008 2:23 am

I would say it is a waste of money using cordless mouse as well as not environ-friendly. Batteries are toxic as well.
Go GREEN, guys. Safe the Earth !
topearn

Postby CorpRebel » Sun May 25, 2008 8:30 am

topearn wrote:I would say it is a waste of money using cordless mouse as well as not environ-friendly. Batteries are toxic as well.
Go GREEN, guys. Safe the Earth !

Whatever "floats your boat"! Might as well throw your notebook computer out TOO as it's full of toxic materials also.

But when I travel I like to use the cordless mouse without having the cords get in the way. Rarely use the touchpad. Batteries last a long time for me.

I'm not one to use the notebook on my lap anyway. Never could get comfortable using it that way. :lol:

There's ALWAYS a trade off of some sort. Never gonna please everybody. :wink:

Image 8)

P.S. BTW ... I'm NOT against trying to be eco-friendly but there are certain realities in life. Just do the best you can. :wink:
CorpRebel

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun May 25, 2008 9:57 am

Funny this posts come back up. On Friday morning my batteries died. Had a pack from the dollar store on hand, already dead this morning...
MommyEnterprises

Postby CorpRebel » Sun May 25, 2008 10:06 am

MommyEnterprises wrote:Funny this posts come back up. On Friday morning my batteries died. Had a pack from the dollar store on hand, already dead this morning...

Timing IS Everything! :lol:

Two days ... that's about right. Someone gave me a pack of 10 of the uh ... inexpensive batteries and they lasted me less than a week.

BUT ... they are at least good for the time being till you can get to the store! heh heh

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun May 25, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah!
MommyEnterprises

Postby Mike Paul » Sun May 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Just my two cents on this subject:

Make sure you're buying name brand as mentioned earlier, but also go for the gusto and get the lithium batteries.

Yes, they are more expensive.

Yes, they are a lot more expensive.

But, I've had the same two in my Microsoft mouse for nearly 8 months now. And no signs of them wearing down anytime soon!

And yes, I'm online for the vast majority of my day and use all of the programmable buttons on my mouse. Go lithium!
Mike Paul

Postby CorpRebel » Sun May 25, 2008 9:25 pm

NICE Mike!

Never really crossed my mind about lithium batteries. So used to buying the 8pk of Duracell from Wally World for $4.97 every other month.

Heck ... You oughta see what I pay for a good beer here in Newport! I don't even think about battery prices! :lol:

But seriously (really - heh heh) ... That's a good idea.

Thanx!

Image 8)
CorpRebel

Postby KansasDragon » Sun May 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Hmmm, So why don't you buy rechargeable batteries?

I've always used rechargeable with mine, and they last a long time, and since I have two sets, I keep the second set charged and ready to go.
KansasDragon

Next

Return to Home Office Talk