[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Blue Screen of Death... *sigh* • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Blue Screen of Death... *sigh*

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Blue Screen of Death... *sigh*

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:12 am

My primary desktop just crashed. And it crashed hard.

Before I finished my back-ups, of course :?

Tip: Make sure your backups are current :!:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LaneLester » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 am

I am sorry for your loss, Lynn. I've been there... and without good backups, too.

I got sick and tired of the troubles with Windows and switch myself and my wife to Kubuntu Linux. That takes care of all our Internet, word processing (OpenOffice), and spreadsheet needs.

I have a second PC/monitor beside my main system which I run for those few IM tools that require Windows.

Lane
LaneLester

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 am

That ... well ... uh ... Image

Hope it wasn't one of your 'new pcs'.

Good Luck!

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby WAHumor » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 am

Yikes!

If it could happen to you who actually knows something about this kind of stuff, I'm doomed.

Should we send flowers or a donation in its name?
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:55 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:15 pm

Jim Guinn

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Very Glad to hear you and up and running again

Postby kowhai » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

kowhai

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:06 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby RKramkowski » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm

Lynn, you can upgrade to IE7 (tabbed browsing) without Vista if you don't want to upgrade your desktop to Vista - but I'm sure you already know that.

I've seen these new devices on the market that I'm considering. Several manufacturers are selling them and they're called various names. Essentially they are standalone external disk drives you can plug into your computer via USB or Firewire (generally). The one I like has a terabyte in storage made up of two 500Gb drives. What I like about it is that it can be set up as a mini RAID device so even if one drive in it fails, your data is protected - as long as you replace the failed drive before the other one fails! The device I'm looking at also has an ethernet interface. That means I can plug it onto my home network and all the PCs in the house can map to it and back up nightly. All of our PCs here stay on all the time so I can schedule backups at 3am if I want. I can also put the device on a mini UPS so it stays up and has conditioned power to boot! (no pun intended).

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:45 pm

I was actually looking at automated online backup solutions myself. Something that was scheduled and hands-free...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:00 pm

Last edited by CorpRebel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CorpRebel

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:05 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 am

That sucks Lynn! I hate that. It's happened to me before so I know that feeling.

I also use Mozy and I love the automated process. I also have an external with plans of backing my comp every Sunday but of course it's been about 3 months now. So mozy is a great service.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:33 am

I signed up, set it up, and the backup is already complete. I couldnt be happier :D Thanks again Rick!!

That's a no-brainer, geez lol
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Home Office Talk