[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Music or no? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Music or no?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Music or no?

Postby karadawn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:01 pm

How many need music to work? I have always needed to have some background noise, preferably something that isn't the voice of Steve or Joe from Blue's Clues.

Even when I worked a "real" job, I had to have something rock related to get me moving. Occationally I'll listen to something a bit more mellow such as Sarah McLachlan or Fiona Apple, but most the time it's got to be something LOUD. Often I'm told by my 4yr old to "Turn it down! It's too loud!". Ooops lol.

How about the rest of you? Do you need music to keep you motivated?
karadawn

Postby Anita DeFrank » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:31 pm

Well, for me that would have to be a big fat no! :lol: I need quiet to work. I've even mentioned that its probably good that Kara and I live miles and miles apart. I don't think we'd work so well in the same office!

Anita :)
Anita DeFrank

Postby karadawn » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:35 pm

Oh Anita you would have hated to shared an office with me when I worked a "real" job. On the same turn the person I shared with at the end drove me nuts because he listened to classical. About put me to sleep I swear! When he left for lunch I would unplug his radio and plug mine in which was set on our local rock station LOL.
karadawn

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:59 pm

I agree with Anita. If I'm trying to write or do anything that requires creative thinking, the quieter the better.

On the other hand, if I'm doing something like housework (which I try to do twice a year whether it needs it or not), I crank up the stereo and boogey oogey oogey. :D

If I'm doing something mundane like organizing my files, I like to listen to audio recordings. I think I've downloaded about a zillion "free" lessons, interviews, etc., on Internet Marketing... and I just can't find the time to listen to them all.
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Anita DeFrank » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:28 pm

Anita DeFrank

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:53 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:09 pm

karadawn

Postby MilesBaker » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:05 pm

MilesBaker

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:14 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I prefer TV

Postby ambrose » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:36 pm

ambrose

Music, definitely, t.v. no.

Postby PattyGale » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:44 pm

Music is definitely in the background for me, but the t.v. is much to visually distracting for me to get any work done.

Patty
PattyGale

Postby dblwide » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:45 pm

Hey karadawn,

I don't remember how I came across this site - but it has changed my life. Go to awakenedminds.com

tell me what you think.

I bought all 3 cd's for all the different brainwave states. It's pretty elementary. The brain over the course of the day will shift through different brainwave frequencies. The cd's help you to maintain the optimal brainwave for working, tasks, meditating and relaxing.

It's really really cool. I've downloaded all the tracks on my ipod and not a day goes by that I don't listen.[/url]
dblwide

Postby Christa » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:28 am

Last edited by Christa on Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christa

Postby Major_Grooves » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:49 am

Major_Grooves

Postby mvmc » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:27 am

For cleaning, mywork study and mt course I like to listen to music it keeps me motivated. I think I will have my radio on when I start my first mt job, it is susposed to help you type faster, but I don't know for sure because I will have to listen to the dr dictations...I have done some transcriptions with the tv on (for my 4 year old) and I am able to tune it out for the most part.
mvmc

Next

Return to Home Office Talk