[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - BAD DAY !!!!!!! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

BAD DAY !!!!!!!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

BAD DAY !!!!!!!

Postby Lady O » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:48 pm

I am having such a bad day guys, not only did my laser printer get fired it also did something crazy to my computer. It will not come on at all and I don't have any backup disc or anything. I have my laptop but of course I didn't put any of my databases on it. I feel so stupid I cried as I brought my lifeless tower to the outside techs and they didn't even feel my pain. Just sign this and we will call you!

My desktop is like my child I wanted to wait in a waiting room and pray and even see the chaplin for my lost. I pray that it will be ok and that I can go back to work. I really wish this forum had a chat session because I am in a crisis.

How do I recover from this? I know that from here on in I will make copies of everything. I already behind two weeks now I am going to probalby lose a few clients.

Thanks for listening guys.

Lady O
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:07 pm

It is a terrible feeling. I've been there... *hugs*

Backups are so very important, but its something we all get behind on. Hopefully there will be a fix for the tower and you will be back to work in no time with no files lost!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby NikiJ » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:29 am

Sending you a big hug, I know how you feel. Maybe the techs will be able to fix it?

Niki
NikiJ

Thanks Ladies

Postby Lady O » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:15 am

Update - I called yesterday evening to check on my computer but of course they had not even looked at it yet. So I ended up just trying to calm down and relax the rest of the day.

Current - I got up this morning at 6am and prepared a memo for all of my clients. I then started inputting addresses into my laptop that by the way uses the Vista program. I can't tell you how slow of a process it is because remember I only used this as a play thing. But I must admit it's so much faster than my XP on my desktop however I feel like I learning Word, Publisher all over again.

I pray that they can fix it today so I can move ahead.

Lady O
Lady O

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:42 am

I hope you have got your computer back up and running.
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lady O » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 am

Lady O

Postby robert adams » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 pm

get a second hard drive. install it as a slave to your main drive.
then on a schedule, backup all your data from your main drive to the backup drive.

there is no need to backup programs or the operating system, only your data.
'
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby SkinCareGirl » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 pm

You should be able to contact the repair shop and ask them to help you find your contact list. I bet it's somewhere on your machine.:)

Thinking positive thoughts!:)

Blessings,
Leslie
SkinCareGirl

Return to Home Office Talk