[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Stresses You Most As A WAH Biz Person? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Stresses You Most As A WAH Biz Person?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:37 pm

The thing with the children is that they have been there the whole way. They were 5 months and 5 years when I started my first business, and so they were there through the start-up phase, the re-start phase (lol) and experienced the results firsthand. Its all my daughter has ever known (the youngest) and my son learned to respect the boundaries and limits and results over the years. They didnt really "get it" until we went from that start-up phase into true financial stability... but they like that part of it, and the liberty I give them with my mastercard enough to let me work anytime I want ;) LOL

Anyone new who walks into the picture only sees the here and now. They dont realize what I've invested, why I'm passionate about it, where I'm going with it, or that I get these strange urges to pull all-nighters or work a weekend straight through when I'm blazing with an idea. They just see "hey, she's not needy and appears to just be home and available all the time" (strange combo) and it gets TOTALLY taken for granted.

That, or they have a website of their own and date me until they get the search engine rankings they wanted, and then drop me like a hot potato :roll: haha (yes, its happened)

I think it takes RESULTS that the other person experiences firsthand - like the change in lifestyle for my children - for them to truly "get it". That's what makes the start-up phase so hard for most people, because the lack of support and confidence from those closest can be a real drain...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ellen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:25 am

lol - Like I said, I couldn't be sure. AND WOW! I can't believe ayone would date you for your skills with SEO. The "it's all about me, me, me" society we live in these days sure can be disappointing, can't it?

You're right, of course. RESULTS speak for themself. I'm positive Adam wouldn't complain at all, if all the time I spend trying to get ahead materialized in ways that would allow for a life-style change, a little less worry and alot more freedom.
Ellen

Postby Katherine Reschke » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:41 pm

Katherine Reschke
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Home Office Talk