[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Stresses You Most As A WAH Biz Person? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Stresses You Most As A WAH Biz Person?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 am

I don't let anything about the biz stress me out (deadlines, technical glitches, failed PPC campaigns, whatever). I don't rattle easily. (I was even called "unflappable" in a letter of recommendation once.)

But here's what does cause stress for me: spending more time at work than with my husband. This applies to both my full-time job and also my time in front of the PC when I get home.

Even if we're both in the home office, if I'm working on my online biz, I'm "in another world" as far as he is concerned.

He's very supportive. He never complains. But I still feel HE should be my top priority.

To relieve this stress/guilt, I often delay my biz activities until he's busy with something by himself (working on the car or whatever).

The result of all this is that I have very limited time--between the full-time job and the "hubby quality time"--to spend on my home biz. So I need to make the most out of the time I have, and get SERIOUS with prioritizing and planning. But that's a different topic. :wink:
Bonnie Lowe

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Not having a good internet connection stresses me out. I finally bit the bullet and got satellite, I can't get cable here, and it is even worse than dial up sometimes, especially at night or when the kids are on the other computer, it is a shared connection.

But at least I can download things and get audio and video now, I couldn't do video at all before and audio was a slow process.

Other than that, it's being revved to get something done and have something come up which seems to happen often.

And the telephone! We get 800 numbers here at least 4 times a day although I heard telemarketing is against the law now?

Now they say hello? hello? as if they are real people but leave no message.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Don't know if would be any help in your situation, but there is a National Do Not Call Registry at http://www.donotcall.gov. I just signed up myself within the past few days so it is too early to know if this works or not
nar321
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Thanks! I tried but I'm in Canada so it won't work for me. It seems to me that I did sign onto some kind of no call service a few years ago.

It helped a lot, at one time it was almost non stop. If it isn't illegal, I really think it should be. I don't even answer my phone without screening calls anymore and it's really annoying to be interrupted by people I don't even want calling me.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:43 pm

People who ask"What stresses you Most". Not really,but it could. Seems to be several forks on the orginal question, mine is an attempt at humor. But also agree with the post about phone calls, but screening seems to be her only present option. Didn't know or realize that the poster lives in Canada. My apologies for not bothering to look at your profile queenofkaos.
nar321
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 pm

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 am

Not enough hours in the day. Unfortunately with my work load 48 hours to a day wouldn't be enough. I have been practicing better organizational skills though and that helps quite a bit.
karynsolo

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:44 am

CorpRebel

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:54 pm

What stresses me out the most is when I can't fix a software problem when trying something new with my site.
I spend all day and night in forums looking for help, get it, and then don't understand how to write the code/program.
I know outsourcing is great, but I can't afford it yet. I make some money but only enough to pay the bills.
Besides, my nature is to figure something out even if I lose my hair.
At those times, I get up, dress my 10 month old son in his outdoor clothes and go for a walk to the nearby coffee shop where I can talk to some locals and clear my head.
mellymom3

Postby Lamorenalotiene » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:29 am

Having 15,000 ideas in my head at one time and not being able to decide on a ONE, all the while, my screaming 4 year old is wanting me to play Spider man or a ninja game!
Lamorenalotiene

Postby Ellen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Ellen

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:41 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:20 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Ellen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 am

Ellen

PreviousNext