[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anti-Spyware • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anti-Spyware

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Anti-Spyware

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:15 pm

I'm not sure where to post this, but I guess I can't go wrong here.

I have a whole community of anti-virus and anti-spyware programs on my computer, and still managed to get something that hijacked all search engine search results. Major Pain.

To make a long story short, the wonderful people at a FREE program called worked with me until the problem was found and fixed. I highly recommend them.

It should go without saying that as this is a FREE program, the link is not an affiliate link!

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Good lead, Sandi. Thanks. No matter what we use to safeguard our computers, it seems like the "bad guys" are always trying to stay a step ahead.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby snappedfader » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:53 pm

adAware is also very good. i have had no problems since using it.
snappedfader

There isn't one that does it all

Postby RKramkowski » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:15 pm

I actually run several. I'd add Spybot Search and Destroy to the list. It's also free. The different programs do things differently and so it is generally the case that if you run a second program after the first completes, several more spywares may be found - especially if you haven't run one in awhile.

One thing I like about Spybot is that it also has a section that displays what starts up in your computer and you can disable them by unchecking a box. I've found that to be invaluable at times. If something shows up in there that I don't recognize or remember, I'll do an internet search on it first. Since some names are rather cryptic, I'll always do a search first. I have actually disabled things by doing this.

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby globalkiwi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:06 am

globalkiwi

Return to Home Office Talk