[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Ideas to make my consulting grow? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Ideas to make my consulting grow?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Ideas to make my consulting grow?

Postby laurie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:38 am

laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Laurie,

I just took a look at your website - very nice. I noticed that you have a separate sales page for the ebook, and an affiliate program, both good ideas. What if you incorporate the consulting with that product and sell it as a package for $27. Or, you could use the consulting as an upsell or add-on too.

I do think that some minor changes to the sales page like this, along with some copy tweaks and such, might help tremendously.

A few questions though, to get a better idea of how we can help:

- Are your affiliates actively promoting the ebook sales page?
- How well is the sales page converting for you?
- What is your main source of traffic to the sales page?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:47 pm

Lynn,

Thanks for your response. I actually do include the ebook with the consulting, so people can either buy the ebook for $14.97, or sign up for consulting for $20, and receive a copy of the ebook with that.

I just recently started my affiliate program, so I only have about 5-6 affiliates at this time. I don't know how active they are promoting it, but none have made a sale yet :cry:

I know I do need to be more active in helping my affiliates promote it. I haven't done much with it yet, but this week plan to work on a free report they can give away to promote it.

I don't really know how well the sales page converts because it is hosted under my main site, and I don't get separate statistics for it. I know that is also something I should change.

I believe my traffic is mainly search engine traffic - my main site is ranked pretty highly with google, so people would need to get into that and then click on the picture of the ebook, then they would be taken to the sales page for it.

Thanks again.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:29 pm

Home_Based_Mom

Postby laurie » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Sandi,

You actually have to click through to the Home business Resource Guide sales page. You can click on the guide up in the upper left hand corner or if you scroll about half way down the page, it's shown there also.

The affiliate program is for the guide.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:43 am

Home_Based_Mom

Postby laurie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am

For book sales, it would be good to work on this page http://www.legitimate-homebasedbusinesses.com/ as a stand-alone from your website.[/quote]

Lynn,

Do you mean not have it tied into my main site? If you could clarify, I"d appreciate it.

I don't get stats from my hosting company because I took out the domain legitimate-homebasedbusinesses.com under my main site's hosting. I do get good stats with that site.

I did just put a free counter on it to get a general idea of how many visitors are coming.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby laurie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am

That's great, Sandi. Let me know if you have any problems.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Yes, I think that the sales letter on its own domain should be treated as a "stand alone site" in regards to performance.

Its unfortunate that you dont have stats with your add-on domains. I use HostGator and they provide stats for subdomains and add-on domains alike, which is very helpful.

At any rate, lets take a look at the sales page and brainstorm ways to improve the copy and increase your conversion rates... but before we start - would you rather do this yourself? If not, I know a lady I could highly recommend that could whip you up some excellent copy changes for $50-$75. She is my virtual assistant, charges $25/hour, and has a real knack for sales copy ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:15 pm

Lynn,

I am open to all critques on my sales letter :?

I would rather brainstorm first with you all and see what we can come up with.

Here's the link: www.legitimate-homebasedbusinesses.com

Thanks very much to everyone.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:17 pm

I'll give you her link too, in case you want to contact her at any time. I work with her on a weekly basis and she's great :) . Angela @ www.starva.com

Okay, the first thing I would recommend you focus on is the page template (color scheme/header/etc) and the Headline. Did you do the header graphic on your main page? Something like that might be nice for this sales page also. The best thing to do is look around at successful product pages and note what you might emulate on your own page.

The current headline is:

Start Your Home Based Business This Week

Some other options you might test:

Discover How You Can Start A Successful Home Based Business You Enjoy As Soon As Today... Without Getting Scammed!

Learn The Difference Between Legitimate Home Based Business Options... and Pure Scams, and Get Started On The Right Track Today!

Tired of Scams? I'll Personally Help You Choose A Legitimate Home-Based Business... Today!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby laurie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:04 pm

laurie
Elite Member

Return to Home Office Talk