[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What Would You Do Without Email? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What Would You Do Without Email?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What Would You Do Without Email?

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:41 pm

What if... Email disappared overnight tonight. How would you manage the tasks and communications that you currently deal with using email?

:?:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:23 pm

I have no idea how I would cope! I love for my emails!
MommyEnterprises

Postby DBeavers » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:34 pm

Wouldn't have a major impact.

I do most of my selling face-to-face, and supplement sales calls with phone calls to existing clients.

Last week while driving across Houston, I received 3 repeat orders from one customer, using the drive time to phone ahead and to call those I wouldn't see in person that trip. The $2400 in volume more than justified the overnight trip. but I wrote 3 more orders the same day to another buyer.

Sales by phone are primarily limited to repeat orders.

Also, I fax a lot of orders and imprint layouts to clients, so would rely more on fax capability to replace the lost email tool.

One big difference is that I started and built my business before there was an internet. Makes it much easier to sustain my business, since I've never exceeded more than 40% via the internet.

Dennis Bevers

P.S. I believe I'm less likely to lose customers and orders to competitors, as they know me on a more personal basis. Relationship selling is limited when contact is strictly by email.
DBeavers

Postby Johnny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:49 am

Can't image life without email now.

It's so convenience. Minus away those SPAM mail.
Johnny

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:30 am

Had no computer for 8 days... actually no electricity after a hurricane in NC and hooking up a computer to a neighors generator would have been a waste of gas.

I read

I got my to do list down to almost done ;)

I wrote letters

I wrote a short article about my experience -- A NY'er lives to to tell the tale of her first hurricane -- for a NY newspaper and later received a check for it!'

I was on the phone a lot. (land line as there was no cell tower left )

It was great!

Every now and again I have a "computer free" weekend or day. It's great.

And then again, mother nature (this time earthquakes and horrid winds in WA state) has caused me to have a computer free day when I wasn't necessarily ready ;)
ElevatingYourBusiness

Return to Home Office Talk