[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Never caught up with things • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Never caught up with things

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Never caught up with things

Postby Lady O » Mon May 21, 2007 11:59 am

Does anyone ever feel like you are never getting caught up? I took two weekends off this month and wow! I am buried over here guys, I worked at least 16 hours yesterday and I have been working since 6am today. I did take a break to clean the bathroom after the plumber made a huge mess.

What do you think I am doing wrong?

I think I need a mentor.
Lady O

Postby SMiller » Mon May 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Hiring the wrong plumber! :)

There's nothing wrong with hard work, it will pay off!
Hang in there and keep a positive attitude.

As far as mentoring, I have been here for two days and it is without a doubt the right place for it.

now get back to work :)
SMiller

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Tue May 22, 2007 8:49 am

Well guys I offer services for Inmates and I know you are probably thinking that this not a good source of income but you would be surprised. I think the thing is that I offer a lot of personalize services along with the basic research services. I do need to sit down and elimate some of my services and get a grip on things.

On Sunday my 16 hour day I was on a power mode trying to prove that I am a machine and it paid off but I am tired now. Yesterday I worked long and hard but didn't get as much done because of the plumber kept coming in and out of the unit.

Oh and Lynn I guess I do have a service-based business.
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Take a look at your business model long term...

Do you have any competitors? If so, look at their business model and make sure that your current rates are competitive (ie not too low) within your industry.

Is the problem in efficiency/productivity - or do you simply have too many orders/customers? If its the latter, then are you earning enough to hire an assistant or outsource some of your tasks?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 am

Yes I do have some competitors but I think it's because I offer personal services. I do enjoy it but I don't make enough to hire someone right now. Well I guess I do but the money has a different kind of flow.

For example - I could get alot in the begining and then it slows down and maybe around the middle I get a rush and then it slows down and then at the end of the month it gets really fast.
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 pm

When you break it down, are you earning a per-hour rate that you are happy with?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Thu May 24, 2007 7:40 am

Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 24, 2007 11:12 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri May 25, 2007 2:37 am

I am never caught up either. I think it is because I am always adding to my "To Do List" rather then working on getting the stuff on it done! I bet I am not the only one doing that too..
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lady O » Fri May 25, 2007 8:05 am

I don't have a to do list. I keep three different shelves with work on them. Top - replys or questions, Middle - new clients, Bottom - payments coming in. I do the payments first and then the new clients and lastly the reply's and questions. What do you think about that?
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 25, 2007 2:33 pm

Taking care of paying clients first sounds like a good plan. As for replies & questions, write up a detailed FAQ, publish it on your website, and direct them there first. You may find that helps to cut down on personal correspondence while still keeping your potential clients happy and ready to place orders.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 25, 2007 2:34 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 pm

Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri May 25, 2007 2:38 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Next

Return to Home Office Talk