[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Would you mind sharing your daily business tasks? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Would you mind sharing your daily business tasks?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Would you mind sharing your daily business tasks?

Postby angienewton » Sun May 20, 2007 9:32 am

I'm looking more along the lines of what Internet/Affiliate marketers are doing daily to build their business but of course anyone can post :wink:

My goal here is to try to get more organized in my daily business duties and right now I'm all over the place :P I just recently bought a huge dry erase board and I need to schedule my daily tasks so I can be more productive.

So far I have:

*Work on newsletter/autoresponder messages
*Write articles
*Blog stuff (could you go into depth on this one and share what you do daily/weekly as far as blogging?)
*Networking
*Add content, articles, products, etc. to website
*Keyword research
*Look for and join affiliates within my niche
*Ongoing education (someone shared this one with me)

Would anyone care to expand on what YOU do on a daily basis?

Thanks for your time :)
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Check Email
Browse Feeds (Blogs I subscribe to)
Moderate Forum
Check for Blog Comments/Links & Respond
Blog (sometimes 4-6 posts/day)
Write Newsletter (1x/week)
Check Stats (1x/week)
Review Products/Programs
Update Task Lists
Write Content / Update Sites

Sometimes tasks on the list include setting up a new blog, working on a new site/blog template, writing autoresponder series, creating a product, etc.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angienewton » Sun May 20, 2007 9:20 pm

Thank you so much for sharing, Lynn! I appreciate it.

Anyone else?
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue May 22, 2007 5:12 pm

What a great thread!

Here's what I generally do:

Answer emails
Check forums (been lazy about this one!)
Look for stuff to promote
Add content to my site
Write articles for my site

Those are the basics... lots of odds and ends always do appear!!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby Colin Meunier » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:43 am

Good topic.

What I am starting to do now to be more organzied in my day is this.

This is what I want to have done in every morning.

- check emails. not always respond right away but I check and then respond in a bit.

- Write one article. I want to write at least 5 articles per week. see how it goes hehe. so far since last wed. I have 4. when I put my mind to it I can write it off pretty fast. and I just have to do it every morning.

- schedule my article to go to my ezine the next morning in aweber.

- then post my article on my blog

- then go check a few forums.

- check email . probably in between all this too :) and reply.

then later in afternoon and evning.

- I will continue with email of course.

- phone back some opt in leads that have come in asking me to call them.

- forums

- submit to article directory

- whatever else.

- oh and continue to learn
Colin Meunier

more things...

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:53 am

Send out thank you's -- in the mail. I put a card in each CD that I ship.
Or send them out via email (I love Jackie Lawson's card website for this).

Take a class.

Monitor to see what's working or not working.

Read magazines or a chapter in a book.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby athomemom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:37 am

I am trying to streamline, as well. I try to do the following each day:
- Check/respond to email
- Post articles to blogs (trying to write all the articles for my main blog on Sunday, set the timestamps to post throughout the week)
- Check stats (1x per day)
-Comment on other blogs/submit to directories, etc.
- Check my blog feeds
- Write articles
- Check out new affiliate programs
- Monetize earlier posts (I have 4 blogs, so this is taking a while)

On top of that, I manage a website and take on freelance writing opportunities. So, I manage to stay nicely busy. :D
athomemom

Postby wah_momma » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:01 am

-Checking emails
-Adding to my Auto Responder Series
-Adding fresh Content to my site (I try to add at least one article a day to each site)
-Look for other affiliate programs to promote
-network with others at message boards
-Prepare for podcast (researching guests and brainstorming topics)

Aurelia
wah_momma

Return to Home Office Talk