[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Slow Down During Summer Season? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Slow Down During Summer Season?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby JFrick » Wed May 09, 2007 5:08 pm

JFrick

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 pm

It got up to 85 today which is pretty good for Spring in MN so I spent all day outside instead of on my computer! I'm feeling guilty now.

I'm just wondering do you all shift down during the summer? For example cut down on your PPC campaigns, marketing, etc?
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 10, 2007 10:29 am

I split this into a new thread since the original was from last Fall ;)

It was 10 degrees above the usual temp for us here in TN yesterday too - VERY nice! On days like this I usually start work a little earlier, and then take an hour or two in the late morning to enjoy the outdoors. Usually I am reading or writing (still work related) while .

You will have to watch your niche and adjust accordingly. If you find that the summer season is a slow spell for you, this is usually a good time to work on product development or site revamps, and gear up for the back-to-school (and back on the computer!) season.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 10, 2007 10:30 am

And yes, personally I can confess to working less hours and spending more time having a little fun during the summer months :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Summer work

Postby DBeavers » Fri May 11, 2007 11:52 pm

While I may post less during the summer, it isn't necessarily an indication that my work has slowed down. In the same way, fewer posts doesn't necessarily mean there are less readers or visitors. Only those with admin access to the stats can know for certain if the visits are also declining.

Well over 90% of my new dealer sponsoring comes from people visiting forums where I post. Since the requests for packets come in year-round, with only a slight decrease, I attribute the stability to visitors and lurkers who may never post. The postings apparently decline more than the overall visits to the site.

Over 90% of my business volume is generated offline, so I can be just as busy as ever, but it isn't necessarily visible to people online anymore than it is to my next door neighbor.

My business used to drop off drastically during the summer months, so I set out to find a new group of clients to sell to during the summer. I took the same approach to the December sales slump. Now, I'm fairly busy all through the year.

Dennis Bevers
www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com
DBeavers

Return to Home Office Talk