[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Office Outside Home • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Office Outside Home

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Office Outside Home

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:08 am

For those of yo that strictly work from home and your home is your office, do you desire to have an office outside the home you can go work at a few hours out of the day?
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:28 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby americanwahm » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm

I love the whole working in my pajamas routine so I can't say that it sounds good to me :)
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:36 am

ditto that! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby LynnWilson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:35 pm

I LOVE being home, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Lynn :)
LynnWilson

Postby Paul Wilson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:10 pm

I agree with you Lynn. You have to think about paying the electric bill not only for the commercial building but also for your home.
Paul Wilson

Postby LuckyMommy » Tue May 01, 2007 11:56 pm

The only reason it would appeal to me is getting away from the kids for a bit, but there are better ways to accomplish that goal. Like Grandmas ;) hehe

I do have to say I sometimes miss dressing up and working with people on a daily basis, but I know it would get old quick and I need to remember how blessed I am to walk down the hall in my jams to my office.
LuckyMommy

Postby sugarrae » Thu May 03, 2007 2:05 pm

I'm going to have to get an office soon - but only because I've exhausted my ability to manage offsite employees. I need some in house. But, that said, I'll be hiring an office manager to deal with them, so *I* won't be in the office on any type of schedule. I have a nanny who works M-F for eight hours a day, so I work regular hours (and nights too when I'm busy) but I like doing it in my sweatpants. :)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 am

Here's my take.

Single, living in a small city and haven't had a client in my city yet (8 years) I'm used to working in a room of hundreds and thousands of people, in a big city. And miss that energy.

Have a personal assistant (casual labor) who does more housecleaning and ironing than business work -- and I love it that way! My graphic person lives about 2 hours from me and my copywriter -- across the county.

So I love owning my own business BUT need to get the heck out of the house as often as possible and go into the "big" city of Seattle (it's real small to me compared to NYC ;)

Here is what I'm doing until I get to a point where my income from clients within an hour from me more than pays for itself (most of my clients live throughout the USA) .

I was introduced to the "club". There are about 6 different ones in Seattle. Some are for women, like The Womens Club, others are for those who attended university, some have atletics in the name. There are City Clubs, and more. Even my very small town has a "Yacht Club" and Golf Club.

The one I joined is my swanky Seattle "office", the tallest building with the greatest view of Mount Rainer amoung other things. For dues of $100 per month, I have a library to meet people before 3pm and parking paid for. They have a business area with computers, copier, fax, etc. When I need to meet with someone privately, I rent a room. When I teach a class, I rent the room and have them feed everyone -- very fancy, too ;)

So, Monday and Tuesday I'm on the computer, and usually in my home office. The rest of the week is "up in the air" -- one way or another ;)

My goal is to have an office with 6 employees. Currently, I"m not even allowed to have an employee where I live. But as I get myself ready for the 6 employees (or consultants) I will either rent a place and then buy a home in an section of the state that allows such a situation to be built on the property.

As far as "dress up" -- after 8 years, I have realized that enough with the PJ's. I just feel different (and better) wearing real cloths throughout the day. And I really enjoy the club -- and their dress code is business casual.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby DBeavers » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 am

July marks my 23rd anniversary in my home-based business. Considering the difficulties experienced by others in my field with an outside office and hiring employees, I'm convinced I'm better off with my home office situation.

I try to leave the office every day and call on some of my clients face-to-face, whether it's a day trip of 40 miles in 8 hours, or my long-distance trip to Houston and back, overnight with 400+ miles. I enjoy meeting with my clients in person, when possible, although I also have some online clients I'l probably never meet.

I'd run the numbers everyway possible, before I'd commit to an outside office.

Dennis
www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com/opportunity.htm
DBeavers

Postby laurie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:49 am

I love working from home.

I left my office job 22 years ago when my son was born, and stayed home with my kids and homeschooled them.

I guess I've never missed the office environment. I prefer it much more casual and flexible.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:19 pm

CorpRebel

Postby kristinecfp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:21 pm

Last edited by kristinecfp on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristinecfp

Tax deduction for home office

Postby kristinecfp » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:29 pm

kristinecfp

Postby DBeavers » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:13 pm

DBeavers

Next

Return to Home Office Talk