[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Burnt Out! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Burnt Out!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Burnt Out!

Postby Lady O » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:38 am

Hello Everyone,

I think I'm burnt out I have had a rough couple of months.

This is year has been very hard on me and the business. I started the year out strong and I am thankful but then the first week of Feb we had a death in our family. My daughter and I had to stop everything to travel out of state. When we returned I was buried under mountains of request but at that time I was still working outside of the home (bad move). Once I started working on things and I was making head way I got sick and had to go into the hospital for surgery. So needless to say I have not had any me time.

Has this every happened to you? Have you ever been so far behind that you become cloudy in your vision?

I love my business and working from home but I am tired. I am doing better and I am only a few days behind schedule now.

Help!

Lady O
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:57 am

Hi Lady-O,

Yes, I can relate to your situation. After my Grandmother passed (Fall 2005), I found it very difficult to get back on track - and then there are things such as life phases and illness etc that can set you back as well. I think we've all experienced such. Just keep in mind that it IS a phase, and try to stay focused on your long-term goals and the end results that you are after.

Two things, too, that you may want to read (both written by me):

I hope that helps... Wishing you all the best!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lady O » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:00 am

Thanks Lynn,

I was wondering if I was the only one with this situation. And as you can imagine with my line of work I am dealing with people who are not always nice. I must say that I really enjoy my job and that things are different with each and every case so I don't get bored. Sometimes I think maybe if I would have took a business class I could handle things better. But all in all I am not doing to bad with this little business.
Lady O

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:12 am

Dont be too hard on yourself... it does take some time to make this transition, and to figure out what works best for YOU. It has taken me years, in fact, to come up with those "success habits" and to really figure out how I work best and what works best for me.

It's all in how bad you want what it is you want ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby *Delecia* » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:51 pm

Lady O -

I have been in a rut myself. My grandpa died on Dec 18th, and then my grandma went into surgery on jan 8th and almost immediately was on lifesupport and died on jan 21st. plus others deaths :(

Anyways, after they died I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

Things will get better, it honestly just takes ALOT of time! Goodluck! I hope things get better for yah.
*Delecia*

Postby Lady O » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:58 pm

Delecia,

I am sorry for you lost it's always hurt and you never really know what to say to a person. I guess I was/am scared I was going to lose my clients is all so I have been working 24/7 tried to please them and not thinking about myself.
Lady O

Postby *Delecia* » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:45 pm

Lady O -

Thanks!

I know the feeling. I felt the same with my other business (about losing clients) and they all understood and such.

Everything will work out:)

Have a good day
*Delecia*

Postby WAHumor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:29 pm

Remember, Lady O, burnt isn't always bad:

Burnt wood is charcoal.

Burnt steak is blackened steak (toss a little cayenne powder on it and it's Cajun blackened steak).

A fire-toasted marshmallow is just a marshmallow slightly burnt...or very burnt, if you like them the way I do.

See? Burnt makes things better. Imagine how you'll feel when you can say, "I made it!!"
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lady O » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:27 am

Lady O

Return to Home Office Talk