[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Laptop or Desktop? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Laptop or Desktop?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby shorescents » Thu May 03, 2007 6:42 am

I have both and I actually use my desktop more. I guess because I have everything on there. I also like the bigger screen too.
shorescents

Postby sugarrae » Thu May 03, 2007 2:03 pm

I have a laptop (IBM Thinkpad) and have a dock I pop it into when I'm home that is hooked up to my printer, keyboard, mouse and two pivot flat screen montiors. So, when I'm home, I close the laptop, pop it in the dock and it works just like a desktop. When I want to go, I pop it out and away I go.
sugarrae
Elite Member

Re: Laptop or Desktop?

Postby fimc2007 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:05 pm

fimc2007

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:47 pm

There is a good article on Yahoo on this same topic this week:

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Laptop!

Postby jordanelliott » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:33 am

I have both - desktop and laptop. But I LOVE my laptop. I can take it anywhere and it affords me so much more flexibility.
jordanelliott

me too...

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:44 am

I'm with corprebel.

I have a laptop (about a year now) and my desktop is my back up. I also have an external hard drive where all my files are dating back to 1981! And a friend in another part of the country has a copy of my hard drive, too. (on CDs)

I could never be without the opportunity to be on line, so I've done my best to create backups (I even have a laser printer with a desk jet as a backup).

Good thing. My laptop needs some fixing and I'll be w/o it for 5 whole days... so it's back to the old trusty laptop.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby snappedfader » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:54 pm

i like both. laptop for internet use and desktop for nearly everything else.
snappedfader

Postby edysby » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:17 am

I have laptop and desktop.

I use laptop to do my work. I can bring it to anywhere I like. Light to carry.

I use desktop for playing game...
edysby
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Laptops are more susceptible to theft

Postby braver55b » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:39 pm

There are pros and cons for both, The portability of laptops and the more bells, whistles and storage capacity of a desktop. I conclude that having one of each is best. :)

You might also want to have some software installed to protect your personal information for your laptop or desktop.
braver55b

Dreaded Battery

Postby Jyoti » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 am

I am planning to buy a Laptop in very near future but what worries me is the battery. Is it so that battery has to be charged every 2 hours? Most of the Laptop owners always complain about the battery special if one watches the DVDs....

Any special tips while buying the laptop regarding dreaded battery.

http://www.earn150k.biz/ajapromoters/
Jyoti

Postby shri » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:01 am

My obvious choice is a laptop.
I had a laptop 6 yrs ago but never used it much. It was aging so i sold it and got myself a desktop. I was using it like crazy, always locked up in my office space. About 2 years ago, my husband gifted me with a nice cool laptop (a wide screen one for multitasking as lynn said). Since then i'm ADDICTED to it.

Working or not, it has to be on. :( to turn it off. (just like most of you guys here, i'm sure).

My son called me "a laptop and internet addict" in his blog. Compliment?? :?

:)shri
shri

Postby robert adams » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:27 am

I am so used to typing on a nice big ergonomic keyboard that I simply can not type on a normal board, much less a laptop.

Just the other day I was thinking that I might try one now that they have the large screens, etc. Then I thought about the fact that I would have to carry around my keyboard and my trackball ( refuse to ever use a mouse again. ) and then it didn't make much sense to have a laptop.

I have a small desktop computer case ( I put it together myself) it is not much bigger than a laptop. I have a nice lcd monitor and wireless keyboard and trackball.

I built a computer work station in the motorhome that houses it all.

I am almost as portable as a laptop would be only no battery.

so....

why bother for me?

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby KansasDragon » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:56 pm

KansasDragon

Postby kristinecfp » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:49 pm

kristinecfp

PreviousNext

Return to Home Office Talk