[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Laptop or Desktop? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Laptop or Desktop?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby poolswimmer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:51 pm

I love my desktop because desktops are better for playing video games. Gaming laptops are way too expensive 8)

But I have to admit, working from home can make you feel chained to your desk, never able to leave the house. Maybe I'll get a cheap laptop for taking to starbucks :P
poolswimmer

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:31 pm

I grew up on a desktop. There was often more than 2 or 3 in my home since we had so many kids. Desktops are great due to the fact they provide more disk space for the most part.
I have been using a laptop for the last 5 years or so now and have gotten used to the ease of the built in keyboard. My fingers are so used to flying across the keys, where as with my husband's desktop, I feel like I am back in my first typing class.
I also enjoy the freedom of being able to take my laptop outside in the backyard while my children play. :D
mellymom3

Postby Mommyland » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:48 pm

I use my desktop more then my laptop actually seems like I am the odd one here. I do like that I can go to starbucks or Zips when i want to get out of the house but still have things I want to work on, or when I want to go and rest in bed when I want to. But I prefer to do the bulk of my work on my desk top.
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I currently use a desktop, but am interested in obtaining a laptop, mainly so I can take it with me on trips and vacations and keep track of my business.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Postby robert adams » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

laptop

Postby marco123jacob » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 am

marco123jacob

Postby wheatstraw » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:32 pm

I went with a laptop due to the versatility (or portability, rather) but now I'm wishing I had gotten a desktop because I probably could've gotten more memory/processing power for a more affordable price. And a bigger screen. I definitely need one of those.
wheatstraw

Postby R.A. » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm

I have a laptop. But, I really miss my desktop. It was just so much easier to work on programs that can take a lot of memory. Laptops can do them do but I think desktops are more efficient for heavy memory applications. That said, I still love my laptop. So, I'll take both anytime :)
R.A.
Elite Member

Postby wheatstraw » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 pm

wheatstraw

Postby robert adams » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby kirkward » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:40 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 am

tam2005