[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Considering taking the MAC plunge • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Considering taking the MAC plunge

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Considering taking the MAC plunge

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:54 pm

I'm on the market to replace my five year old Dell. I was just going to get another Dell, the XPS but a few friends are bringing me over to the dark side and I'm now open to the idea of a Mac. I'm pretty handy so I think I would pick it up quickly but the PC to Mac learning curve scares me. I'd love to hear from Internet affiliate marketers using a Mac. Thanks!
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:55 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:11 pm

That's the part of that really looks good to me is the graphic and design capabilities. Not that I'm aspiring to be a designer but the stuff you can do on a mac is pretty cool. I did use a Mac during college since that's what they had in the "computer lab" (for the young ones, before anyone could afford a computer we had to and sign up for time on a computer in the campus computer lab), but that was in the late 80's.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Man, you're oooooooollllllllllllllllldddddddddddd!

My...umm...grandfather told me about that. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Did your "grandfather" tell you about 8-tracks, beta, vinyl records, and cool video games like pong on Atari! Then we got real cool 2-D video games and actually had to go to an arcade to play, but at least you got a little exercise going from home to the arcade and back instead of sitting in a basement eating Doritos. :lol:
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby PattyGale » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:16 pm

PattyGale

Postby Kirk » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Kirk

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks, you all have been very, very helpful. I have been getting a lot of feedback along the lines of what Patty and Kirk have said. Mac is a great computer especially for pics, videos, graphics, etc. but a PC is more of the business machine. I've decided that I will stick with a PC for my desktop and main business computer and instead of getting an iMac, I'll get a MacBook laptop. I can edit pics, graphics, do my podcasts, etc. on the Mac laptop. Right now I use my Dell laptop that's form my corporate job which I'm hoping to ditch in 2007 anyway so I need my own laptop.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Jason Moffatt » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:09 am

Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby EntrepreneurDad » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:03 pm

I'm a long-time user of Macs and swear by them. The new Intel-based Macs even let you install Windows natively, either as a dual-boot setup or 'virtualized' in a window within Mac OS X. So, there's really no down side to using the Mac - you can have your cake and eat it too! There's also many up sides to using a Mac, like security, ease-of-use, the bundled iLife applications, etc.
EntrepreneurDad

Postby PattyGale » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:42 am

My question about installing Windows on a Mac, in a a native environment, pertains to security.

Macs have not been suspectible to the typical Windows viruses / trojans etc... primarily because Windows has been the primary target all these years.

So, if you have native Windows installed on your Mac, wouldn't your Mac now become just as vulnerable as a p.c.?

Patty
PattyGale

Postby Alan Petersen » Sat May 05, 2007 10:10 pm

I've now being using the MacBook Pro for about two months. It has been an adjustment since you do things differently like no right click, etc. but it's easy to figure out the PC alternative to do things on a Mac. I still use my PC. It seems most of the Internet/affiliate marketing stuff I use was written for the PC. I like having both but I won't be getting rid of my PC that's for sure! :)
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Return to Home Office Talk