[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What do you outsource? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What do you outsource?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

What do you outsource?

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:02 am

For those of you that delegate tasks to an assistant or VA, or outsource projects/tasks ocassionally, what exactly works best for you?

I would be interested in hearing what you delegate, how you choose the person you pass tasks on to, etc.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:36 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:53 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:43 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:06 pm

That's certainly an idea worth considering...

Thank you!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:29 pm

Lynn, there are a lot of struggles in working with a VA, but a lot of benefits too. I have a couple that I use for different things (not including graphic-type tasks). I know the strengths of each of them and assign tasks accordingly. It's not always smooth sailing but it definitely is more efficient than me doing the work myself.

The learning curve varies with each VA but my siggestion would be to start with something easy. See how they follow direction and follow-thru. Maybe like article submissions, or something like that.

Once you're pleased with that, then move on to something more complicated. Yes, you'll have to ask them to correct things the first time around but then they get the hang of it.

One thing that has worked for me is to get referrals from people you know. Ask how easy they are to work with and all. It's probably not the best thing to just pick a complete stranger whom who have no knowledge of at all.

I used to work as a VA myself and now I'm their Affiliate Manager, along with running my own businesses. VA money is well-spent.

I think that once you get over the hurdle of getting them to do things your way, then it would run much more smoothly. Trust is a major factor - that's where referrals come into play.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps!

Heather
heather2

Postby americanwahm » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:19 pm

I have outsourced adding content to websites, distributing articles, transcribing, misc research projects and other odd ball tasks.

I've outsourced the management of a directory. I love how it runs on it's own.
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby Sandra » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:50 pm

I've outsourced the customer service for ebooks. My VA also filters the emails that come in from the contact form on my sites. This has freed up so much of my time and mental energy!

As far as sensitive info, well I choose someone I knew already and trusted. She only has access to that one side of the business too so that helps.
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby DBeavers » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:57 am

Last edited by DBeavers on Fri May 04, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBeavers

Postby womaninbiz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:31 am

Hello Lynn,

I myself have outsourced logo designing, website building and meeting minutes (small administrative tasks) but what I would also like to get off my plate is:

* E-mail retrieval and response
* Site Updates
* Newsletter
* Share program coordination responsibilities

again it is up to me to have the faith in someone else to complete these projects and stick with it, but it would be a definite stress reliever as there are not enough hours in a day to complete everything.
womaninbiz

Postby americanwahm » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:32 am

I am right now in the process of delegeting email to my VA - it's going well but I still have the knee jerk urge to check my email... it feels like quiting smoking again LOL!
americanwahm
Elite Member

Postby LuckyMommy » Wed May 02, 2007 12:08 am

Email
Forum management
Website design
Logos, buttons, banners, graphics
Some writing/editing
Internet Research
LuckyMommy

Postby sugarrae » Thu May 03, 2007 2:00 pm

>>>those of you that delegate tasks

Anything that

a: doesn't require skills at my level
b: that I save money paying someone to do something during a timeframe that I used to make more money than I paid
c: anything I don't like to do

;)
sugarrae
Elite Member

Return to Home Office Talk