[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forget the laundry! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forget the laundry!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Forget the laundry!

Postby KathleenGageSpeaker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:44 am

Having owned and operated my home based business for well over 12 years, I know the challenges one faces when operating out of their home. In the initial stages of setting up your business, there are some obstacles to overcome if you are to become profitable.

1. Being taken seriously by your family, friends and neighbors. It's important to set ground rules for others. Let them know this is a serious venture and you need them to respect your work time and work space.

2. Having a designated area to conduct work. Many a business have been started on the kitchen table. Although this can work, you will find that you are more productive if you have a space that is dedicated solely for running your business. Ideally, a room that is used solely for business. There are tax benefits to this too.

3. Self-imposed distractions. It's amazing how other things will "call" to you while you are trying to work. Things like taking out the trash, doing the laundry, running an errand for a family member. The fact is, if you are working outside of the home you wouldn't be able to throw a load of clothes in the washer and dryer. You would have to schedule that in. Not that multi tasking is a bad thing. Actually, it can work in your favor. Just be aware that one little task leads to another then another then another. Before you know it your day is gone.

Treat your business as such and before you know it you will be well on your way to realizing real profits.
KathleenGageSpeaker

Postby timefortravel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:42 pm

Very good advice, Kathleen. Coincidentally, I'm already on load two this morning and your headline caught my eye! It's great to multi-task, but I never want to go back to working 11- and 12-hour days. That keeps me focused on reaching my working from home goals.

Kim
timefortravel

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Kathleen,

I DO forget the laundry! That's THE problem ... :lol:

Rick Wilson aka CorpRebel 8)
CorpRebel

Postby business opportunities » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:27 pm

Speaking of the laundry... guess I should do some. Funny though... if you forgot the laundry long enough you could have a new industry: WAHN - work at home naked... lol
business opportunities

Postby cuellarhatcher77 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:17 am

Like Lynn I do as I go. My children are young once and I want to have it all. Work at home AND spend time with them. So, the laundry can wait until it reaches critical level :D
cuellarhatcher77

Return to Home Office Talk