[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - In the market for a new PC... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

In the market for a new PC...

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

In the market for a new PC...

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:35 pm

I'm in the market for a new PC, my 4.5 year old one has been having some issues...

Where can I read reliable product reviews of the different brands out there?

And, within a brand, such as Dell, how can I best gauge what will meet my needs?

Thanks!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:40 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:01 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 am

I have been very happy with Dell so far, and am about to order another system from them.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:50 am

My hardest decision is whether to buy another laptop or a desktop.
MommyEnterprises

Postby Alan Petersen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 pm

I prefer using a desktop. Especially for the webmaster side of my work, I like having two monitors hooked up in parallel. I'm still have a "day job" so I have a laptop from them so I can use that if I'm on the road but for the day-day at home work I prefer a desktop.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby business opportunities » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:29 pm

I would suggest laptop - even though it is nice to work at a desk, sometimes it is nice to go out for work at a local coffee shop - a laptop is easier to carry than a desktop... lol. As for brands, I am a big compaq fan - the big benefit for them as opposed to dell is that there are local places in most cities that will fix them, whereas dell usually has to go back to the factory. Also, if you want something other than the basic package, dell overcharges you. Just my two bits.
business opportunities

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:45 pm

That's one of the main reason I'm upgrading. I want the dual monitor output but my five year old desktop can't hack it plus my hard drive is maxed out. I have a back up external hard drive already but to swap out the video card and upgrade the memory seems like fruitless on a five year old pc so I've opted for a new one. Plus I'm getting into podcasting (I'm excited about this new project :lol: ) so I'll need even more juice now to run all these apps. My last two were Dell's so I'm sticking with that plus I can buy through my corporate America job and get their price plus 10% discount off that so that's hard to beat! I agree with you on the laptop fine for doing some quick work or research on the sofa or at the coffee shop but for my day to day I like my desktop.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby JerryShown » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:03 pm

JerryShown

Postby Jason Moffatt » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:10 am

I've had to bust out and be an elitist pig.

I needed all types.

The Dell Desktop PC

The new iMac Desktop

Macbook laptop

PC Tablet PC laptop

Now I can't imagine not have all the options available.

However with parellels with the Mac now, there is almost
no need for the PC's at all.

If you can afford it, I'd definitely have a look at the
new macs that let you run windows on them.

Amazing!
Jason Moffatt
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:30 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Paul Wilson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:04 pm

The next computer will be custom built by me.
Paul Wilson

Next

Return to Home Office Talk