[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Book keeping? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Book keeping?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Book keeping?

Postby networkmom » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:24 pm

networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:02 am

I use Quickbooks Pro. Much easier for me than Excel - but I'm not that great with spreadsheets :oops: :lol: . PayPal integrates with Quickbooks too...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:59 am

I have Quicken, is Quickbooks much different?
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:14 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:34 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby networkmom » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:42 pm

webzu, How do you use excel for bookkeeping? I am trying to figure out the best way to set this up.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:58 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby networkmom » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:32 am

networkmom

Simple does it

Postby Warren Contreras » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:22 am

I have a pretty simple business doing web development and use a free program I downloaded to do all my invoicing. I don't use the other parts so I can't say how good they are, but the Invoicing is superb.

http://www.development-x.com/
Warren Contreras

Postby Kirk » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:21 pm

Kirk

Postby networkmom » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:05 pm

networkmom

options

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:26 am

Automating as much as possible is a good idea. Many of my clients who aren't automated, end up having to do so later. And it's easy to use a program that allows you to compare years, etc.

If you don't want to use Quickbooks products, see if MYOB is for you. I have accounting program resources listed at http://www.theresourcequeen.com/favorit ... nting.html

If you have an inventory, send out invoices, etc. then I use Quicbooks Pro. My accountant likes the interface of MYOB better.

You can take a class at your local college... usually they have Continue Ed classes on a variety of accounting programs. And check with your SBA or Small Business Development Corp about classes.

Besides being able to download my Paypal account directly to Quickbooks Pro, I can upload my bank records, since they're availalbe in IIF files, too. then I go in (well my book keeper does) and just catalogs the entries, completes customer information, etc.

I don't know how much you like doing the book keeping, but even though I ran an accounting department, I don't like doing paperwork ;) So at one time I thought about doing it more than it took to do it! Now my book keeper automatically shows up once a month, the work gets done and that's it.

One other thing to consider -- use of your time. If you find a really good bookkeeper, one who has a little tax knowledge, you'll be paying between $20 and $45 per hour. If your hourly rate is more than that, then consider working that hour, hire the book keeper and get that work done, too.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby networkmom » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:14 am

Hello, Thanks for the information.
I do not carry inventory except for one item but I do send out estimates and invoices. Mainly I need to keep track of money coming in and money going out. So you thin quick books is the way to go? I will hve to look into classes at our local college then to get some knowledge of how to use it effectively.

Thank you
Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:36 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kirk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:20 pm

Kirk

Next

Return to Home Office Talk