[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Terms and conditions say only websites? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Terms and conditions say only websites?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Terms and conditions say only websites?

Postby ChristyK » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:01 pm

I just headed over to CJ to start getting familiar with it and checking out some of the great ideas posted here. I want to use it with Google Cash and also in Sig lines on non-business forums. But CJ and Affiliate Fuel say it must be an approved website. CJ even says not to post on message boards and Affiliate Fuel requires a minimum amount of traffic for your website.

So how are people promoting without websites?

Thanks for helping my confused self. I've been trying to learn too much too fast. :wink:

Christy
ChristyK
Elite Member

Postby karadawn » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:17 pm

I don't think many are and I believe I know why.

Affiliate marketing has gotten a bad name before due to abuse from memebers. I too had a bitter taste in my mouth from affiliate program scams, and when I heard the term "affiliate program" a little alarm would go off in my head that scream "SCAM!!". That was until I met Lynn ;)

There is a so-called "affiliate program" by the name of SFI (six figure income). They do things in a sneaky, yet still legal, way that is completely backwards of the way it should be. Instead of promoting their products, you are encouraged to sign others up and make them buy to be "qualified" for additional income. You are actually paid more on sales from those within the business rather than outside your team. First red flag I know, but when you are targeted when new to online business and taught to target newbies as well, you don't realise what you are doing is very wrong. That is until you start exploring the rest of the online world and quit. I can't tell you how many people I've bumped into that were once a part of SFI but have moved on to better things.

Of course, most of us know you are suppose to be promoting the product/service and only signing people up to sell as additional income. I've noticed many affiliate programs do not even offer to pay for those you sign up under you.

So anyway (um what was the topic again? I think I got off track a little).....the whole point of not being able to sell without a website is so the companies know the person representing them has experience in online marketing. Sure you are always going to have the "bad apples", but I think putting up restrictions like that is going to significantly cut down on the average spammers and those with no morals. ;)
karadawn

Postby ChristyK » Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:55 am

ChristyK
Elite Member

Re: Terms and conditions say only websites?

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:25 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing