This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Translating your Affiliate Website to Foreign Languages

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Translating your Affiliate Website to Foreign Languages

Postby Troy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 pm

I will say this. Translating your webpage into a foreign language sounds like a great idea. You can walk right on by the rat-race, and dive into markets not yet explored, yet alone ovevsaturated, like exploited markets such as the United States and UK, providing that your business, or the business that you are promoting, does business with the country that you are promoting to.

Tonight, I had this IDEA! I was going to translate one of my affiliate websites into Spanish, and add a new language every night. What a way to increase business!

So I went to one of the more popular online translators, and pumped in the url to my affilaite website.

Behold, It gloriously pumped out a beautiful version of my website in Spanish. So being the crafty guy I think I am, I copied the source of the page, made a few corrections, changed the meta tags to Spanish, using the same translator. I uploaded to my website, I was going to hook it up to my main page, little Spanish flag and all, but then I began to wonder...

"How Accurate is this, anyway? Will some Spanish speaking person be able to understand this page?"

So here was the idea. Since iI uploaded it to my site already , why not translate it back, from Spanish to English? Well I did. You decide? does this make any sence to you?:

Here is the English to Spanish and Back to English Version:

"Wanted Friend, If you sell in line, in your own store to by minor in line or in eBay, later you know since that to find products in the prices that you can do a benefit reselling can be difficult. With all the "lists to by the greater one without value" and "CD's senders of the drop" who are today available, you are really for above against a wall"

Now here was the original version in english...
Dear Friend,

If you sell online , at your own online retail store or on eBay, Then you already know that finding products at prices that you can make a profit by reselling can be difficult. With all of the worthless "wholesale lists" and "drop shippers CD's" that are available today, you are really up against a brick wall when it comes to finding real drop shippers.

Is it just me, or is something a little screwball here?

Anyway, I am really glad that I did not put up the Spanish flag and hook up the link. I dont even know what it sounds like to someone who speaks Spanish. It's gotta be a laugh, though!

Now, Im not Going to give up in publishing it in Spanish, German, Russian, and some of the other languages, because I still think that this is a great way to promote my affiliate website. Or any of my sites. I just think that there are many great services online that will translate your website by a real live Spanish or Other Foreign Language Speaking person. Some of them are a bit spendy, but I am sure well worth it. You can bet that I will be going to Google and typing in "professional language translation services" real soon.

Tonight I will be working on a new way to encrypt messages. You go to babelfish, you translate the secret message from English, then to Spanish, Then to Japanese (Still in BETA for some reason), then to German. You then send it to your friend, who translates it from German to Japanese, then into Spanish, and Finally back into english. I wonder if this would work ? (LOL) :wink:
Troy

Return to Affiliate Marketing