[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

I was just about to order James Martell's Affiliate Marketers handbook when I read the following the the current issue of 'Revenue' the Affiliate Magazine:

"Speaking of things going down the toilet. Insiders claim noted affiliate educator Jim Martell has been having a tough time of late. Martell, who has books and online seminars on how to become a successful affiliate, has seen many of his top students leave the fold. Many of his sites are now being delisted and several of his protégés who were earning beaucoup bucks are now struggling just to make it over the four-figure threshold. Martell hasn't communicated what's happening to his devoted students, leaving most confused, very frustrated and ticked off"

This was, amongst other things, in the article 'the webcrawler' by THE SPIDER.

I am not posting this to denigrate James Martell in any way. I would just like to know if there are any people out there having problems so that I can make an informed decision. I am also posting this to the James Martell site under a support ticket

I hope I have posted this to the correct forum

Joe
Joe

Postby Kirk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:21 am

I've seen a few threads to this effect on some other forums, so I'm very curious as well.

I bet Oprah could get to the bottom of this... :o
Kirk

Postby WAHumor » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:55 am

Quite a kick in the head, huh?

His book's on my "to get" list too...
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:36 am

Hi Joe,

I ordered and read James Martell's Affiliate Marketers handbook over a year ago and learnt a lot of valuable information from it. Actually it was one of the best guides I've read about affiliate marketing.

I created a website based on what I learnt from his book and also what I'd learnt from my own experience and and the website is doing really good. I have a nice income from it and receive a lot of daily traffic from search engines and my articles in other websites.

There's just one thing... my website has many top 10 rankings in Yahoo, MSN and other search engines but not in Google.

But that said, I highly recommend his ebook to anyone who wants to learn step by step how exactly he/she can become a successful affiliate.

Hope that helps! :D
Ladan Lashkari

Postby Chrissie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 pm

Here is another thread that is long but worth the read
Chrissie

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:22 am

Great topic!

I really think that whichever "method" you choose, the key is to make your site unique - to be creative, and to offer something of value on the web. If you put your thought into it from that end, you'll get better results. Building sites just to make money is the "method" that gets people "delisted" more often than not.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby 5starAffiliatePrograms » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:33 pm

Totally agree Lynn.

I know James personally and lots of his students that have made a ton with him. I even went up to his big party when he got the "car" and he's been to several of our affiliate events.

I think James teachings are sound, but agree with Lynn, whatever guru you follow you need to be concerned about leaving the same "footprints" everyone else that studies the same course leaves. Learn all the important tips and then be creative and create unique content instead of blindly following the pack. Think of the users 1st and create something surfers want to come back to and tell their frineds about so you don't need to be so dependent on the ups and downs of the engines.
5starAffiliatePrograms

Postby Paul Wilson » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:38 pm

Paul Wilson

Postby PattyGale » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:04 am

PattyGale

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:58 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Andre Chaperon » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Andre Chaperon
Elite Member

Postby Paul Wilson » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:40 pm

Paul Wilson

Postby The Force » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:44 am

The Force

Postby MilesBaker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:06 am

I would definitely endorse James Martell's book, especially for beginners. It's definitely geared more for beginners and newbies and think for them it's definitely worth the cost. I bought it years ago and consider it a good investment at the time.
MilesBaker

James Martell's book Comment

Postby Johnny » Fri May 05, 2006 8:57 am

Personnally I think that it is over price.
With the amount of money, should be able to get a couple of alternative.
Johnny

Return to Affiliate Marketing