[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Affiliates may come and affiliates may go... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Affiliates may come and affiliates may go...

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Affiliates may come and affiliates may go...

Postby RKramkowski » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:37 pm

... but I expect to be around for awhile!

So, where can I go to learn more about affiliate marketing and how to go about finding affiliates and possible products centered about a theme? I particularly like the idea of connecting up with wholesalers directly and eliminating the middlemen. I've followed a lot of links to free information, free ebooks, etc. (including this forum) and I've read many of the reviews and thoughts of others that have purchased materials elsewhere and have come to several conclusions (from my perspective). A lot of the purchased books and courses seem to be a rehash of others and don't often provide the complete picture. Many of them appear to be full of fluff and words and phrases to get you motivated to get off your butt and do something but often are lacking in specifics ( I don't need the motivation part - just give me the facts). Given how search engines change how they rank sites, etc. some of these information sources either provide outdated information from a technical standpoint or information about methods that no longer are effective given the rapid pace of change in the internet space.

Lynn, I remember you responded to a post somewhere along the way that you've purchased many sets of materials along the way and have generally at least gotten one nugget of information from most of them. While I have no problem doing that once I've gotten going and have more income, I'm looking for the most nuggets for the bucks spent in order to get the most relevant information for today.

Any advice from someone who's "been there"?

Thanks.
RKramkowski

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:25 am

My top recommendation would be Rosalind's . She has a great writing style, is very thorough, and keeps you up to date on changes to the industry through her newsletter, blog & forum.

Rosalind doesnt address SEO, and focuses primarily on PPC as a means of promoting affiliate sites. I use this method myself, but also 'seo' my sites too (for free search engine traffic). The best SEO Book is Aaron Wall's . He updates it constantly, and as a customer you get links to the new information everytime it comes out. He is another that stays on top of the industry and is great to learn from.

These are the two guides I would recommend to anyone starting out. If you get those two, and those two only, and stay focused on that information and those strategies... you'll be doing well.

What I dont like about a lot of info-publishers is that they publish the info and then leave their readers hanging. They dont follow-up, update, etc - which can be frustrating. I much prefer to follow those that are grounded and there to stay - and keep us up to date ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing