[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Lynn.. Help me... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Lynn.. Help me...

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Lynn.. Help me...

Postby calvinaj » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:41 am

calvinaj

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:49 am

Hi Calvin,

First, you should look up Kidino - both here on the forum, and you can check out http://moneyclicking.net too. He is one of the best success stories from Malaysia that I know personally, and I think you'll find him equally inspiring ;)

In fact, we recently upgraded him to an Advisor at !

Tell us a bit about your site. Specifically - who is your target market? And how are you currently marketing the site? Also, what type of response are you looking for exactly, and why do you think you arent getting a very good response? Is it lack of traffic, or do you have a lot of quality traffic and still no response?

The design is excellent, by the way - very sharp! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby calvinaj » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:21 pm

Hi Lynn :D :D

Thanks for the reply. Yupp I just subscribed to Kidino newsletter and i'm hoping to meet him someday.

I hope to develop mscholars.com into an info-portal for foreign students who wishes to pursue higher education in Malaysia and also offering web hosting, designing, maintaining and updating service to academicians wish to have their own commercial sites. Apart from that - I hope to sell their articles, CDs, ebooks and educational related products for a commission.

Right now I'm rather undecided which model to follow - whether to develop an info-portal which is free and generate income from ads or charge a membership fees.

But to have free site (or contents site) needs to have a lot of traffic in order to be successful. But looking at the traffic stats, I doubt mscholars.com would attract enough traffic within the next few months in order to succeed. Currently, I'm trying to market the website through words of mouth and limited email ads. I just don't have enough fund to buy adwords advertising.

To be honest Lynn i don't really know which model would be better for my site OR which model would be more likely to succeed for an education base site.

Hope somebody here who might have a similar business model can help me out. :) :)

CALVIN
calvinaj

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 am

I can tell you from experience that given time, a content site can be very profitable. And this is "passive income" if you plan it right - meaning that the traffic will come and will buy... whether you are live on the site or not.

I think that free search engine traffic is what you should focus on. You'll want to add content, optimize your pages, and get quality inbound links to your site.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing