[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to make money from my website? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to make money from my website?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to make money from my website?

Postby migrlsrsp » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:14 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate it if any can give me some advices.

I am a photographer, I have my own website. What I would like to do is to make some money from it.

My URL is wendysphoto.com

I have been reading alot of on this forum, my mind has been opened but still very confuse as to what is best to use and what steps I should take. I have narrow it down to Context Cash but not really sure if that is what I need. Any help will be deeply appreciated. I am not a very good writer.

The topics I can expand on is modeling, audition, broadway shows, singing, acting, summer workshops, internships, photography.

Thank you,

Wendy
migrlsrsp

Postby DennisLively » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:07 pm

Hey There Wendy!

First of all, you're VERY talented!

Your question brings a few things to mind right off.

1. With all of the digital cameras that flew off the shelves this past holiday season, I'd think an e-book entitled something like, "How to Take Perfect Pictures Everytime With Your [NAME OF CAMERA]" would be a natural. If you can, you may want to give it away free on your site...maybe find a supplier of camera accessories and get an affiliate link from them and carefully weave your links into your text, something like: "I really get a kick out of using the Canon G-5, it takes almost faultless pictures everytime, but I've found that if I use the optional XYZ, i get tremendously better pictures. You may want to take a look at the XYZ! You can see more about it here." (with your affiliate link)

It seems to me that you could easily and quickly do up a book for each major brand of camera and give them away...in exchange for a signup to your monthly newsletter that would give them photography tips, hints and techniques.

You do 2 things here: 1. getting your affilaite links out to people who stand a pretty good chance of buying what you're offering, and: 2. building a list of people who have no problem spending some pretty good money...some of those cameras are pretty expensive!

your other interests could also be treated the same way...modeling, auditions...each one of those is an e-book in waiting. Some may be able to be sold...others may be better given away to sell affiliate products and collect names.

You have a perfect niche here...AND a big one. But if you drill down into the general niche of photography to something like "How To Photograph Your Pet Perfectly."...or "How To Photograph Your Dachshund Perfectly." you could easily discover some very profitable sub-niches!

You're asking the right questions at the right place! That's a great start. Your talent and attention to detail could take you far in Internet Marketing!

Feel free to email me if I can be of further help.

Dennis Lively
DennisLively

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:29 pm

Hi Wendy & Welcome :D

Can you tell us... what is the main objective of your website?

From what I can tell, it is to sell photos. In which case, I definitely would not recommend that you use Context Cash (or a similar program) to lead people away from your primary offer.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kirk » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:16 am

As I read through your website, the first opportunity I thought of was developing a ebook, online videos and maybe some audio programs on how a photographer (or wanna be photographer) could setup a service similar to yours in their local area.

You could cover how to get gigs, how to setup the website, getting the pics posted, how to handle the fullfillment, etc.

I don't know how many programs like this are available, but I think it's worth looking into - you obviously know what you're doing, your site looks great...
Kirk

Postby migrlsrsp » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Thank you everyone for all your input.

This is a website where I use to sell pictures. I go to different high schools in my area and take pictures of the musical theater performances and then I loaded up to the website, so that students and parents can buy them . Everytime I do a show and have the pictures posted up on the website, I usually get 50-60 visitors a day that go and look at the pictures and do purchases. My audience are mostly teenagers and their parents. Even if they stray from the website from looking at other contents, I feel they will always come back to look at the pictures because these are pictures of themselves and friends in the show.

I am not a good writer nor am I a good webmaster, my husband did alot to help me with creating the website, since he is not into it, I will be
doing alot of it myself in the future.

So I want articles that are alreay written with affliate links already attached. All I need to do is loaded up to the website. I just wasn't sure if that is what Context Cash does and if it is appropriate for my website.

I would like my website to be a source of information, so people can come to look for how to's etc.......

I appreciate everyone's suggestions and I will definitely be thinking on how it may work with my website.

Thank you,
migrlsrsp

Postby Kirk » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Wendy,

You've got a great business model and you (and your husband) have integrated the web perfectly into your business. The people you've got coming to your site are *highly* motivated - nobody can pass up a chance to see a picture of themselves (or more importantly, their kids :P ), but I question if these people will necessarily have any interest in the "field" of photography...this site may not be the best vehicle to do affiliate marketing.

Even if you put up some Adsense ads, the context of the site will cause the ads to be geared toward photography - until you test it, you can't be sure that this "stream of traffic" wants to do anything but look at photos - not neccessarily take them.

The other concern to consider is the possibility of *confusing* your visitors on the purpose of the site. I'm a strong believer in a *one theme* website - forking off into different directions may hurt your primary business.

My .02 - I'd be curious what others have to say on this topic...
Kirk

Postby migrlsrsp » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:37 am

migrlsrsp

Postby Kirk » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:40 am

Kirk

Postby calvinaj » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:25 am

Hi wendy,

Yupp... your web site look great. Kirk tips and advises make sense
to me...

I'm too having the same problem with my website. I just don't know how
to develop a proper business model for it. Currently I'm making money
from those signing up to become member - but that's barely enough to
cover the cost of hosting.

I hope somebody here can help me too... perhaps giving some
suggestions and tips.... and even review... which i desparately needed

:D :D

CALVIN
Kuala Lumpur
calvinaj

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:32 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby kidino » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:06 pm

Hmm ... I like Dennis idea on the ebook. He suggested a create title too. But I am a email marketing guy. So I would to suggest an ezine. And you publish an ezine on "How to take perfect picture everytime" -- a bit like the ebook title.

And when you think you don't have anything to write, just think about it like blogging ... in email.

Now, through the ezine, here's how you can expand your business through your ezine. First always remind them of who you are -- a photographer. Then ...

Offer on-site services ... like weddings, family days, corporate dinners, etc ... I think it's great. I am getting excited about this already.
kidino
Elite Member

Return to Affiliate Marketing