[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone Used Shawn Casey's Mentoring Program • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone Used Shawn Casey's Mentoring Program

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Anyone Used Shawn Casey's Mentoring Program

Postby California Jerry » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm considering using Shawn Casey's Mining Gold Mentoring program and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it? Can anyone tell me, from your own experience, whether Shawn Casey is reputable and was able to help you get results?

What other one-on-one mentoring program would you recommend?
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:29 am

Hello & Welcome :D

Since you posted in the Affiliate Marketing category, I assume that is what you are looking for information on, specifically? There are some great guides on the topic, of course - and there are some good hands-on mentoring sites as well.

In fact, Andre Chaperon and I run where we personally mentor our members in a variety of online business ventures.

Give us some ideas about what you are interested in, and what you hope to learn. I'm sure we can make some recommendations that would be a good match for you!

Again, Welcome to SSWT ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby California Jerry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 pm

Thanks for the input, Lynn.

What I want is step-by-step instruction, how to search for the nich market, what keyword search tools to use, what PPC tracking tools to use, how to build the website with graphics and plugins, etc.

Let me just provide some feedback on what I found out:

I went ahead and purchased two of Shawn Casey's products, "Mining Gold on the Internet" - $47 (90-day Guarantee), and "Wildy Profitable Business" - $97 (1-yr Guarantee).

Mining Gold on the Internet-
I've only skimmed it, but it offers some good advice and some good links for tools, so it seems like a good deal. Shawn provides some general information about how to start and run a business. The book is organized into twelve chapters:

Chapter 1 How You Can Make Money on the Internet
Chapter 2 Developing Your Business Plan
Chapter 3 Developing Your Marketing System
Chapter 4 Your Own Mail List
Chapter 5 Targeted Direct Response Advertising
Chapter 6 Search Engines
Chapter 7 No Cost Marketing Techniques
Chapter 8 Low Cost Marketing Techniques
Chapter 9 Your Own Affiliate Program
Chapter 10 Website Structure
Chapter 11 Website Hosting
Chapter 12 Money Making Programs

Wildly Profitable -
Does not seem to offer anything but audio recordings of his advice for starting and running a business. Corporations, LLC's, Legal stuff. There may be some good info here but I don't want to listen to hours of audio to get what's available in print elsewhere. So, I don't think it's worth the $97 I paid. He takes the approach of some of the MLM's I've seen where you focus on your goals, what lifestyle do you want to achieve.

Mentor Program -
His mentor program is run by ProsperLearning.com. They will charge about $50 per month for unlimited consultation on the phone with one of their staff who have built a successful business themselves. Among other services, the Coaching Resource Center will apparently guide you step-by-step to build a business of your choosing. That includes some offline business models like Real Estate, and online such as an affiliate program or dropship retail, etc. While this may be a good deal, I have chosen not to pursue it at this time.

There was some very high-pressure sales pitch after I was handed off to the second sales person who called himself a Sr. Executive for entry level coaching. He told me the service was available only to a "Select" group. He wanted someone who was success oriented and they would use my success story as a testimonial on their website. He said, however, if I got off the phone without making a decision to join, the offer would be withdrawn! I asked for some time to research it and get back to him and he extended the offer till the end of the day.

It turns out there was a guarantee, but the sales rep wouldn't talk about it, he said he will only allow people who don't depend on guarantees to make a decision to be successful. I had to call back to ask someone else about it. You have to try their methods for one year to receive a refund if you did not triple your investment. It is stated on a site available after you join, apparently, MoneyMentorCenter.com.
California Jerry
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:39 pm

I'm not familiar with Shawn's products, personally - so you know more about it than I do already. It sounds like you are making all of the right decisions though, based on your own needs/wants.

Turning Ideas Into Dollars is on a month by month basis with no contract, so if you ever chose to join you can do so for as little as one month or for as long as you choose to remain a member.

All of that aside, much of the information you are looking for is actually available here on this site (free) with a bit of searching. I'd be happy to give you the links to specific tutorials if you let me know what you are looking for, or you may want to scan the .

Keep us posted! ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing