[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please review my site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please review my site

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please review my site

Postby Jason Christensen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:09 pm

Jason Christensen

My unprofessional opinion

Postby Warren Contreras » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:36 am

Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:22 am

I think you have a great start here.

I love the fact that you are targeting a specific location and product - nice sub-niche!

You need something in the header - something that defines the page. Whether that be a graphic, or text, or whatever works well there. A combination of both, probably.

I dont see a sign-up form for your mailing list :!: That's a must-have, of course...

I dont really care for the word "Articles" when targeting a non-marketing niche. I think it would sound better to say "VoIP Info" or something like that, because that's what those articles are. (When I click on those articles, some of them dont show up...)

On the article pages, you should move the advertisement to the right side (in my opinion) and let the words wrap around it... instead of creating an entire column for it. Also use it as a "call to action" at the end of the article. Once someone scrolls down - considering they read the article with great interest - there's nothing related to click on ;)

Going back to the main page, the bottom half is too cramped - hard to read, simply because your eyes dont know where to settle and start. The top half looks good, though - so I would stick with that format and use those Read More buttons.

It's a great start, like I said. A few tweaks and you have a super-nice site on your hands!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for the advice

Postby Jason Christensen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Jason Christensen

It looks Good

Postby omar05 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:48 pm

I think it looks good.

Something to consider is to place the
google adsense closer to the top.

That can generate some extra income.

Here's a site that may assist in Affiliate marketing

It's by Russell Brunson.

I find that he very honest and give some good
advice on affiliate marketing and getting hits to your site.

He also has some new neat stuff on the site.
http://www.thesecondtier.com/omar05/thesecondtier

Keep up the work.

Greg
omar05

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:54 pm

Looking good, Jason! :D

About the Adsense - I dont necessarily agree with moving it up to the top. If your main objective is to promote the affiliate programs, the adsense will just compete with that. You may not get a high CTR (click through rate) by having them at the bottom, but hopefully that will keep your visitors interested in the programs you are featuring. If they make it to the bottom of the page without clicking off anywhere else, you arent losing much by losing that visitor to Adsense ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for the confirmation Lynn

Postby Jason Christensen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:19 pm

Lynn,

That is what I was thinking when I placed the adsense at the bottom, no sense in having Google take away from my affiliate links. They usually are advertising the same providers as my website is promoting.

Little Update: My site was indexed by Google and MSN within 1.5 days. I think I was able to accomplish this by using information I obtained here at SSWT. Thanks alot Lynn for such a great forum. Next I need to work for that #1 spot, wish me luck.
Jason Christensen

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:21 pm

Way to go!

...and Good Luck ;) :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing