[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Lazy Pig or The Rich Jerk or Roboriches or Adsensejerk? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Lazy Pig or The Rich Jerk or Roboriches or Adsensejerk?

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The Lazy Pig or The Rich Jerk or Roboriches or Adsensejerk?

Postby NathanB » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm

I'm spoiled with decisions guys.

Which is the ebook to purchase or be an affiliate with?

The Lazy Pig ($47)- Revolutionary 7 Step Adsense Marketing System - http://www.thelazypig.com

The Rich Jerk ($49)- I'm better than you - http://www.therichjerk.com

Roboriches ($97) - How Anyone Can Retire Online In 2-5 years - http://www.roboriches.com

The Adsense Jerk ($29) - From "Rags to Riches" - http://www.theadsensejerk.com

There's lots of reviews out there, but I still can't make up my mind.

The Lazy Pig has the better reviews out of the 4 although being a relatively new book. <- not much reputation yet, promises methods that has not been revealed

The Rich Jerk is the best seller on Clickbank right now. <- I'm leaning towards this

Roboriches seems to be new as well, haven't seen much exposure yet. <- Might purchase this on a later date

The Adsense Jerk has lots of exposure but it was bad exposure. Although I have to say, the bad comments are from people who have yet to try the product. <- Very little to no reviews as of yet

One review site/blog did a review on 3 of the above 4 products (head to head competition style) here:
(The Lazy Pig vs Roboriches)
http://controversialmarketing.blogspot. ... iches.html
(The Rich Jerk vs Roboriches)
http://controversialmarketing.blogspot. ... -have.html
NathanB

Postby random » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:53 pm

After I saw this other site, I wouldn't want any of them:

http://thepoorjerk.net

You gotta be careful what you buy, I guess. I'm setting up a budget for 2006 so I don't spend a lot of money on information, especially if I can
learn more for free through forums like this one.

I also found another useful site called http://ehow.com with all sorts of freebies. I like free stuff and I've learned a lot about Internet marketing just browsing the forums.
random

Postby chewbacca » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:45 am

Hi Random,

You're absolutely right. I used to buy an e-book on IM every now and then, but more than 90% is bullshit. Variations on a theme or just plain crap.

I like to put out a warning to anyone planning to buy the "Roboriches" program. DON'T !! I did for a whopping 97 dollars and I felt really screwed afterwards. The "e-book" they promise is in fact just a plain html page with some links and half of it is actually one giant sales pitch on how to sell their crap to other people (excuse my language but I feel really sacked).

I immediately send an e-mail to request a refund. But it bounced. Undeliverable e-mail ! So I send a complaint to Clickbank.

So this is the last e-book on IM I will ever buy *sigh*. This is the last time they will have fooled me with their catchy sales pitch. I'm thinking of writing my own crappy e-book with loads of bullshit information because clearly you can get away with promising the world and then underdelivering.

I'm not saying that all e-books on IM out there are bad. Far from it ! Rosalind Gartner's e-book, with more than 200 pages packed with info, was actually a great buy. "The Rich Jerk" is also a good buy in my opinion. But there you have it. Who can you trust to deliver quality info ? Most of the time, when you buy, it's a shot in the dark.

So I hope I can get my money back, still waiting.

Greetz,
Alex.
Last edited by chewbacca on Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
chewbacca

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:43 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby random » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:03 pm

Hi,

Yes, get your refund ASAP.

I made the same decision you did NOT to buy anymore ebooks in 2006.
I guess the mistake that most of us make is feel that we "don't know" enough information or the right type of information to make money online. I've found that simply isn't all true. Though pretty weird, that
"thepoorjerk.net" site has been an eye-opener for me. Why waste my money on yet another how-to book and guru stuff? In 2006, I will be focusing on building consumer-centrict, unique niched sites and traffic.
Last year, I invested over $2,000 in ebooks and they were mostly stuff I knew or crap altogether. It takes money to make money. No $97 information is going to make you a millionaire. It's all bull crap as you said. Rosalind's book was good (for beginners) but there was nothing there very revealing to me. Just common sense stuff. I think, for me anyway, 95% of the focus has to be on creating sites that people want to see. Equally as important is getting traffic to those sites. Then everything else should fall into place.
random

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby random » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:47 pm

Good points. Action is the keyword. However, I think most newbies have a hard time separating the good from the bad. The bad stuff wastes a lot of money and most reviews seem to be biased affiliate links. Like everything else in life, we have to be wise. (:-
random

Postby NathanB » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:03 am

NathanB

Postby random » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:08 pm

Assuming you're not a newbie, let us know what you think of each of the ebooks you mentioned.
random

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:44 pm

I look forward to hearing your reviews as well!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby NathanB » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Sorry for the long delay to get the reviews out, was overseas.

1) The Lazy Pig (thelazypig.com) - Easily the best out of the 4. It's about a series of methods to capitalise on his "advertising campaigns". I'm making close to $30 daily since starting his system!!! (10/10)

2) The Rich Jerk (therichjerk.com) - Great book as well. Touches on many ways of making money online (even black hat methods), not really a "do this do that" step by step book. Very broad and long term but looks effective. This guy even has evidence to justify his methods! (8.5/10)

3) Roboriches (roboriches.com) - Bunch of strategies to carry out money making methods from Internet Marketing. He doesn't explain much about the reasons for his methods, it's simply "just do it". Using his methods as well, don't have much income to speak off, but it's slowly coming in. (9.0/10)

4) Adsense Jerk - Unless you're a newbie to Adsense, don't get this ebook. It's a waste of time. All the info he provides can easily be found on forums. (2.0/10)
NathanB

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby NathanB » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:49 pm

NathanB

none of the above

Postby Troy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:32 pm

Troy

Postby Jeff Casmer » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:50 am

Hi,

Stone Evans has a 325 Page E-Book that is FREE to download and its not just for his affiliates. Take a gander...

"Dotcomology" The Science Of Making Money Online
www.24hourwealth.com/dotcomology.html

Have fun!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Next

Return to Affiliate Marketing