[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What kind of business website is the best to operate • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What kind of business website is the best to operate

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What kind of business website is the best to operate

Postby SCOBAHCAN » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:26 am

Hi

I would like to operating an online business as a form of income for myself but I am unsure
Which type of website would give me the best chance at success .

Originally I was thinking of opening an e-bay store using drop shipping as the income generator but as I would like a business that is as automated as possible the idea of putting Affiliate websites on my website appeals to me especially as I gather from my
research a drop business requires more constant work .

What type do you think will work best a store or another kind of website & what will do you think will draw the most traffic – an Affiliate based business or a drop shipping business ?

Should I sign up for Affiliate programs before – during – or after the building of my store / website .

I would like to put all kinds of Affiliates on my store / website – e.g. – a some hardware stores – some lawyer firms & some hotels or other business types – BUT – I am not sure if I can ( if it may would it be more advantages to stick with one line of business or does it matter ) ?

Please give me your opinions & suggestions – as I am unsure of the best avenue to pursue.

Thank you Craig ( g.c.f@shaw.ca )
SCOBAHCAN

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Craig,

You are right that drop shipping requires more consistent hands-on work than affiliate marketing... at least in the long run. You would have to continue selling & drop shipping to continue earning -- but with an affiliate site, it can actually become "passive income" once you get it set up. Both take an investment of time & energy of course, but affiliate marketing does have the potential to run more on auto pilot for you.

What you need to do is choose a niche for each website. If you want to promote four entirely different things, then you need four separate websites to do that.

You can create content sites and place Adsense on them. You can create product-based sites using affiliate products. You can create content based sites and then promote affiliate products that are related to the content. There are lots of ways to earn money as an affiliate... and there is no limit as to how many sites you can own or how many niches you can target.

Start here: and scroll down to the "Getting Started" section (after the Q&A at the top of the page). There are 3 sections, so when you get to the end of that page, check out the next one. It should get you pointed in the right direction ;)

Let us know if you have any questions! While you are there, too, you'll see James Martell's "Affiliate Marketers Handbook" (in the left column - down a bit on the page). That's a great guide to get you started in niche affiliate marketing if you want to get a step-by-step handbook.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Affiliate Marketing