[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Home Page Help • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Home Page Help

Join us here to discuss affiliate marketing in detail - from how to choose programs, how to promote programs, content-based websites, product-based websites and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Home Page Help

Postby heather2 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:14 pm

I finally installed StatCounter to get an easier read on my stats. Well, needless to say, I'm really bummed out. People are leaving very quickly from my home page and not even getting to my inside pages. I need some harsh criticism to find out what the heck is wrong!

When you go to http://www.resumelines.com :
Do you know what the site is about?
Do you know how the site can help you?
Do you know what information can be accessed thru the site?
Are the categories that I selected at the top worth while? Or are there other categories that would be more beneficial to you?
Should I keep the verbiage at the bottom or is it unnecessary? Should I have more info at the top?

I would so appreciate everyone's comments!
heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:03 pm

I think the first question would be: Where is your traffic coming from? Is this traffic from a PPC Campaign? Search engine listings? Ads you've placed on certain websites?

How targeted is your traffic?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:41 pm

Right now, it's coming from my articles. My SEO efforts haven't paid off yet since my articles and such haven't been out there that long.

I stopped my AdWords for right now until I get things figured out.
heather2

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:40 pm

The best thing you can do is test. You might try bringing all 3 of your main options up to the top of the page: resume writing, resume distribution & self-help.

You want to test slowly (so you can analyze the results), and also only test one thing at a time - so you know for sure which caused the results...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby heather2 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:23 am

heather2

Postby angelaaa » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:59 pm

Heather,

I tried to check out your site today and for some reason it took forever to load and then when it finally did the page could not be displayed.

Are you working on updates?

Hang in there,

Angela :D
angelaaa

Postby heather2 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:25 pm

Actually, no! I don't know what the problem is. I just checked it and it loaded fine for me. Can you try again?
heather2

Postby angelaaa » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm

angelaaa

Re: Home Page Help

Postby angelaaa » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:44 pm

angelaaa

Postby heather2 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:41 pm

heather2

Postby MikeS » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:10 pm

MikeS

Postby heather2 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:33 pm

heather2